Cash Receipts Writeoffs

• Cash Receipts Writeoffs

Posted by Frank-Heslin on December 29, 2016 at 1:16 pm
    • Frank Heslin

December 29, 2016 at 1:16 PM

When attempting to write off a balance during cash receipt entry I’m getting the message “This Discounts Available distribution amount is incorrect and will not be posted”.
      An example is an invoice for $185 and a payment of $182.  On the apply window I enter $182 as the applied amount and $3 under writeoffs for the invoice.  When I save the receipt the message comes up.
      On the distributions window there is a debit to cash for $182, a credit to AR for $182 and a debit to the writeoffs account for $3 – so the distributions are out of balance.  I’ve tried adding a line for a $3 credit with a type of Avail, but the message still comes up.
      We’re on GP2015 R2.  Everything is in US$, there is no multi-currency involved.
      Thoughts?

——————————
      Frank Heslin
      Financial Systems Administrator
      ExamWorks, Inc.
      Atlanta GA

Member, GPUG Advisory Committee
      Chairman, Georgia Regional GPUG Chapter
      Summit 2016 Track Leader

GP2015 R2
      MR CU14

Follow me on Twitter: @Automate_It

GPUGGA – http://www.gpug.com/Atlanta

*** Help Us, Help You…provide enough info so that we don’t have to ask for more:) ***
      *** If you solve your issue please share the solution to assist others! ***
      ——————————

• Diana Doane

December 29, 2016 at 3:23 PM

I think it’s the amount being credited to the AR account.  It should be for the full amount.  ??

——————————
      Diana Doane
      Ascend Learning, LLC
      Leawood KS
      ————————————————————————-

• Victoria Yudin

December 30, 2016 at 3:57 AM

Hi Frank,

Diana is right, in the situation you’ve described the AR account (on the RECV line) should have a credit of $185. Can you try clicking the Default button to have GP reset the distributions and see if that fixes it? If not, can you please attach screenshots of your apply window and the distributions window after you click Default and have it reset? That may help us figure out what’s going on.

——————————
      Victoria Yudin
      Microsoft Dynamics GP MVP 2005-2016
      Flexible Solutions, Inc.
      http://www.GPReportsViewer.com
      http://victoriayudin.com

• Bert Green

December 30, 2016 at 8:54 AM

Frank,

I concur. The AR line needs to be for the amount of payment plus the writeoff. If you want an extra line it should be RECV not AVAIL.

——————————
      Bert Green
      GP Developer/GP Administrator
      Berger Transfer & Storage, Inc.
      Saint Paul MN
      GP2015/MR CU11

• Frank Heslin

January 1, 2017 at 9:24 PM

Thanks everyone!

I was out of the office last week, and someone inside out network had an issue posting this question so they sent it to me, and asked if I would post it.  Truth be told, I didn’t look into it too much, and just posted the question:-o  I’ll check with them this week to see how it turned out.  On vacation a few days, and my brain turned to mush;-)

——————————
      Frank Heslin
      Financial Systems Administrator
      ExamWorks, Inc.
      Atlanta GA

Member, GPUG Advisory Committee
      Chairman, Georgia Regional GPUG Chapter
      Summit 2016 Track Leader

GP2015 R2
      MR CU14

Follow me on Twitter: @Automate_It

GPUGGA – http://www.gpug.com/Atlanta

*** Help Us, Help You…provide enough info so that we don’t have to ask for more:) ***
      *** If you solve your issue please share the solution to assist others! ***

Frank-Heslin replied 7 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Cash Receipts Writeoffs’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!