Attempting to activate PO Approvals

• Attempting to activate PO Approvals

Posted by Howard Blitstein on July 18, 2023 at 9:07 am

We are trying to gain a little control of our PO processing and looking at tools like Rockton, FastPath, and GPPT to audit and even throw up some blocks/approvals in the mix. I figured before going down those paths, an easy rollout would be to turn on PO Approvals in Purchase Order Enhancements. Upon checking the box, I received a get/change error which is documented. The fix has me looking at the POP100 for records where the PONumber, USER2ENT, DOCDATE, STATGRP are blank. Well I got 165K records where the USER2ENT column is blank. These go back to 2015. Obviously this missing field is not affecting us since no one has ever complained about it. I am almost positive that probably all of these purchase orders have been entered via SmartConnect. I am still investigating this. But for me to get PO Approvals working I need all these records either fixed or deleted. Would a simple update to the table to fill in the USER2ENT with a current userid suffice? I’m sure I don’t want to delete them. Not even sure where User to Enter is used?

Chris Donnelly replied 1 year ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Chris Donnelly

July 24, 2023 at 9:45 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

Howard,

I’d say you have a sound approach. Especially since you found the root cause of your issue. I would confirm this by running your SQL update in a test company and thoroughly testing all of your Purchasing, Receiving and Payables processes (including reporting).

Good luck!

Chris

The discussion ‘Attempting to activate PO Approvals’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!