AP Safepay (Positive Pay) mitched matched Payee name vs Posted Payee name

• AP Safepay (Positive Pay) mitched matched Payee name vs Posted Payee name

Posted by Christine Polifka on January 25, 2024 at 11:01 am

Hi Everyone,

When I submit a file using safepay to our bank, for one vendor it causes a mitched matched.

In GP has the Check the name is correct: Check Name (Payee Name), but the file uses the remit to address DBA.

I have the card set to address ID: PRIMARY

For some reason the file picks up the address DBA as part of the Check Name

I am not sure the best way to correct this.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Christine

Christine Polifka replied 3 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Kerry Hataley

Organizer
    January 25, 2024 at 12:18 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

Hi Christine,

First off, what version of GP are you on? Starting with 2018GP it should pull the name on the check inside PM30200 (VNDCHKNM), not the Vendor Name.

There was a bug in 18.3 that also created this, but fixed in newer releases.

It has nothing to do with address codes…

(I am assuming you are NOT using Mekorma)

If you can provide a pic of the Vendor Card…

• Jo deRuiter

January 26, 2024 at 9:06 am
    Up
    Down

Hi Christine:

What may be occurring is that someone corrected the vendor card – but when SafePay is run it is populating the Payee field with what was on the check at the time the check was cut – not the name as it appears on the Vendor Card now. Also, the name on new checks will be what was on the transaction at the time you entered it before cutting the check.

IF this is the case – that the Vendor Card was corrected, but not past transactions – then work with your partner or IT to update the transactions in SQL.

If this is NOT the case – that no changes were made to the Vendor Card then let us know, but a quick way to check is to go to Vendor Inquiry and pull up unpaid invoices and check the name on them.

If it is not the case that a name was changed recently – again just changing the vendor card won’t update past transactions – then there is an issue with the SafePay configuration or you have a custom configuration on your hands.

• Christine Polifka

January 26, 2024 at 10:02 am
    Up
    Down

@Kerry and @Jo DeRuiter,

I had forgot that I changed the vendor card on 12/19. If this is the case, I changed it to PC Connection Sales Corp. It now shows this on the new transactions and reflects on the new checks.

I am going to change it to be the same as the bank, wish me luck. I will have one transaction it will not show on the new check. But I hope this will correct itself on future transactions and checks.

Jo DeRuiter, I had forgotten about this when you update the vendor card. I appreciate you bringing that to my attention. I will update my notes.

Thank you again, as this community and members provide support. It is great way to gain knowledge!!

• Christine Polifka

January 29, 2024 at 11:12 am
    Up
    Down

@Jo DeRuiter,

If the safepay configuration shows PC CONNECTION SALES CORP and the vendor card now the same. I had verified these are both the same as suggested.

Please explain as I am not sure what you mean by “have a custom configuration on your hands.” Thank you

The discussion ‘AP Safepay (Positive Pay) mitched matched Payee name vs Posted Payee name’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!