AP Manual Payment stuck in WORK status

• AP Manual Payment stuck in WORK status

Posted by Christine Polifka on February 28, 2024 at 3:52 pm

Please respond – SOS

Today (2/28) I had created an AP Manual Payment and confirmed the total amount was correct. This is a foreign currency vendor that we have set-up. MS Dynamics GP version 18.5

For some reason a specific vendor did not post with the Batch and is not in the recovery batch. Just seems stuck in transaction. I looked at the manual posting journal, and it does not show there.

Has anyone have had a similar problem that can help.

Thank you

Christine Polifka

Jo deRuiter replied 1 month, 4 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Jo deRuiter

February 29, 2024 at 9:03 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

Hi Christine!

You’ll likely need to engage with your GP Admin or Partner to look at this.

Many times with GP transactions get stuck and you cannot see or fix it in the User Interface and the repair must be done in SQL.

Without access to SQL to find and look at that transaction we likely can’t help.

Can you see the manual payment in any batch or see it on the Vendor Inquiry screen?

• Christine Polifka

February 29, 2024 at 11:17 am
    Up
    Down

Hi Jo,

Thank you for kindly responding to my discussion.

We will reach out to our Partner as they can assist us with the issue as they have access to SQL.

Also, I can see this manual payment in a batch and the Vendor Inquiry screen as WORK status.

I will share the screenshots with our partner as well.

Is it typical when you have multiple manual payments and after posting, that the manual payment menu would come up and only have one that gets stuck in transaction? I did not get any warnings or error messages after posting.

Thank you again,

Christine Polifka

• Jo deRuiter

February 29, 2024 at 12:32 pm
    Up
    Down

Hi Christine.

It is not uncommon that one transaction of any kind in any batch not post when the rest do. This is because GP will post information it deems viable and kick back transactions that are not.

The real question is why it is not showing in Batch Recovery.

The trick when you DO find these in Batch Recovery is to recover the batch, then print the batch edit list which will tell you if anything is wrong with the transaction. When you find what’s wrong you correct that in the transaction(s) and then post.

Are you sure it is not showing in a batch somewhere in Manual checks or in Purchasing Batches?

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!