After check links and reconcile, GP added 2011-2015 to “open years”

• After check links and reconcile, GP added 2011-2015 to “open years”

Posted by DSC Communities on February 10, 2017 at 5:24 pm
    • Rob Klaproth

February 10, 2017 at 5:24 PM

I have a client who had an issue with nothing showing in the summary inquiry window.  In addition, the summary trial balance report was blank.   I ran a reconcile first, but that didn’t fix it, so I ran check links, and then reconcile.  In the reconcile window, for history we can only select 2016, and for open 2017.

However, now in the year end close window, it wants me to close 2011.  It says 2016 is the last closed year, but the year to close is 2011.  When I do an inquiry – financial – summary, years 2011-2015 are showing in addition to the current open year 2017 (they are on GP 2013SP1 so they do not have the combined history and current year inquiry window).

So, I’m just wondering, they started this company in 2016, there is no data in the prior years.  How can I remove those years from the system?  Or should I just proceed with close, there shouldn’t be any data to close so I’m assuming the report is going to be blank.

——————————
      Rob Klaproth
      Sr. Dynamics GP Consultant
      Armanino
      San Diego CA
      ——————————

• Rob Klaproth

February 11, 2017 at 12:36 AM

I ended up just deleting the years per a microsoft KB:
      https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/871789/how-to-re-create-fiscal-periods-in-microsoft-dynamics-gp

——————————
      Rob Klaproth
      Sr. Dynamics GP Consultant
      Armanino
      San Diego CA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

DSC Communities replied 7 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘After check links and reconcile, GP added 2011-2015 to “open years”’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!