2020 Year End Client Issue

• 2020 Year End Client Issue

Posted by Teresa Waters on December 21, 2020 at 9:01 am
    • Teresa Waters

December 21, 2020 at 9:01 AM

I did the year end update on the server and a number of pc’s this weekend.  I went to finish up the pc’s that have but don’t use gp much this morning.  On 2 machines it acted like it was updating the server asking to update companies.

Has anyone else had this issue?  Any ideas what causes it?

Thanks!

——————————
      Teresa Waters
      Controller
      La Crosse Milling Company
      Cochrane WI
      ——————————

• Charles Allen

December 22, 2020 at 12:54 AM

Teresa,

Run a query against DYNAMICS..db_upgrade to make sure all companies did complete successfully and are at the same version. Also make sure these two machines don’t have any products installed that are not installed on the other workstations. Check the product IDs in dynamics.set against those in the db_upgrade table and also compare the dynamics.set file on these machines to the other machines’ dynamics.set files. 

——————————
      Charles Allen
      Senior Managing Consultant
      BKD Technologies
      Houston, TX
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Ven Sharma

December 22, 2020 at 8:41 AM

Hi Teresa

Can’t think of anything to add to Charles’s comprehensive reply.  

Are you referring to the pop-up on the second workstation, that asks you to run DynUtilities? This is just fine. You would say yes and next all the way through until you see a window with a button to launch GP.  The dynamics version will be deducted and state 18.3.1200 (YE 2020), and the subsequent company windows will have all your companies with green tick marks.

Keep us posted. You are probably the first Controller I have come across who does the upgrade. Great work!

Cheers

Ven Sharma

?

——————————
      Ven Sharma
      American Public University System (APUS)
      Charles Town WV
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Amber Bell

December 29, 2020 at 2:39 PM

I am not sure what causes this…but I saw it too when working with   and   on a client upgrade. 

——————————
      Amber Bell
      Training Dynamo LLC
      Email: amber@trainingdynamo.com
      Twitter: @trainingdynamo
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• John Kirsch

December 30, 2020 at 9:24 AM

I saw something similar with an upgrade I just completed, but for me the workstation had 18.2 installed rather than the 18.3 version.  Rather than realizing it was an older version, it seemed to act as if it thought it was a new version and needed to upgrade.  As soon as I applied the 18.3 update, everything was back to normal on the workstation.  

——————————
      John Kirsch
      Director of IT
      Global Optics Inc.
      Green Bay WI
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Teresa Waters replied 3 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘2020 Year End Client Issue’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!