1099 Inquiry/Print Issue

• 1099 Inquiry/Print Issue

Posted by gregory-cara on January 3, 2017 at 1:09 pm
    • Cara Gregory

January 3, 2017 at 1:09 PM

Hello, I am prepping to print the 1099’s for 2016. We have a vendor that is a 1099 vendor (we have paid them in prior years so nothing should have changed in their set up). When I go to Inquiry ->Vendor 1099 Details, I can see the vendor’s payment history for 2016 which I have verified by running check registers, etc. However, when I go to do a print preview (Routines ->Print 1099), this vendor does not appear.

I have switched the vendor to “not a 1099 vendor” and then back to “miscellaneous” in the vendor’s Cards setup.

I’m looking for suggestions on how to trouble shoot this.

Thank you in advance!

——————————
      Cara Gregory
      Accountant
      Alvarado Management Company
      Albuquerque NM
      ——————————

• Rob Klaproth

January 3, 2017 at 1:39 PM

Hi Cara,
      I apologize I do not have time to write detailed instructions, but I wanted to send a quick reply.  Changing the vendor type will not automatically update their info.  Once changed back to a 1099 vendor you will need to go into the Cards – Purchasing – 1099 info screen and you can manually update their 1099 totals to reflect what you want printed.
      Option B would be to go into the routines update 1099 details.  I do not currently have time to enter detailed instructions, but if look for those windows, and then pull up the help for those windows hopefully that will give you the information you need to fix this.
      This KB from Microsoft should help:

——Original Message——

Hello, I am prepping to print the 1099’s for 2016. We have a vendor that is a 1099 vendor (we have paid them in prior years so nothing should have changed in their set up). When I go to Inquiry ->Vendor 1099 Details, I can see the vendor’s payment history for 2016 which I have verified by running check registers, etc. However, when I go to do a print preview (Routines ->Print 1099), this vendor does not appear.

I have switched the vendor to “not a 1099 vendor” and then back to “miscellaneous” in the vendor’s Cards setup.

I’m looking for suggestions on how to trouble shoot this.

Thank you in advance!

——————————
      Cara Gregory
      Accountant
      Albuquerque NM
      ——————————

• Cara Gregory

January 3, 2017 at 1:46 PM

Thanks Rob. I’ll take a look. 🙂

Cara

——————————
      Cara Gregory
      Accountant
      Albuquerque NM
      ————————————————————————-

• Cara Gregory

January 3, 2017 at 2:01 PM

Okay, I have tried manually deleting the amounts under Cards ->1099 Details. I then put the vendor to “not a 1099 vendor” status. This zeroed out the amounts.

I then went back into Vendor Cards and changed them back to “Miscellaneous” status and manually entered the monthly dollar amounts under Cards ->1099 Details. 

I went to Utilities ->Update 1099 Information and processed for this vendor; however, this vendor still doesn’t appear when I go to print 1099’s.

I’m baffled at how to fix this.

——————————
      Cara Gregory
      Accountant
      Albuquerque NM

• Diana Doane

January 3, 2017 at 1:50 PM

I haven’t kept up with the threshold amounts which make a 1099 required.  Would it be possible this vendor is under the 1099 Misc threshold?

——————————
      Diana Doane
      Ascend Learning, LLC
      Leawood KS

• Cara Gregory

January 3, 2017 at 2:04 PM

Hi Diana,

You might be correct. The threshold is $600 which is the amount paid to this vendor in 2016; however, $50 of this was for a re-issued 2015 check that never cleared the bank resulting in a net of $550 for 2016.

Thank you for jogging my memory. 🙂

Cara

——————————
      Cara Gregory
      Accountant
      Albuquerque NM

gregory-cara replied 7 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘1099 Inquiry/Print Issue’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!