User Personalization

• User Personalization

Posted by Meenakshi Singh on May 3, 2023 at 3:46 pm

Hi,

Have a question about user personalizations? is it possible to block certain parts/tabs on a page using user personalization and also to block them from being able to add it when they are doing their own personalizations?

For example, I want to hide 1099 tab on Vendor card for my general users but keep it available for AP admins. So, if I hide it in user personalization for non-AP users, would they still be able to add it back in?

Is it better to just create an additional Card Page for AP admin to see it and delete the tab completely from the standard Card Page?

Thanks in advance for your valuable guidance,

~Meenakshi

Meenakshi Singh replied 12 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Joe Bonomo

May 3, 2023 at 4:13 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

I wonder if you can use saved views (depending on your version if that is available/enabled). Create a saved view of the form, remove the field/tab.

• Jacob-Brown

May 3, 2023 at 6:04 pm
    Up
    Down

Hi Meenakshi,

In D365 F&SC, saved views are a great tool for personalizing the page layout (or providing multiple layouts per page), but not a great tool to enable some users to see certain fields while preventing others. The best you could hope for with saved views is that your users are not savvy enough to figure out how to change their view, but as they say, “Security by obscurity is not security.” Instead, you would want to create custom security roles for each group to hide/show the 1099 fast tab. (It might also require a developer to create a new menu item and new version of the page that doesn’t have the 1099 fast tab.) I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Jacob

• Meenakshi Singh

May 4, 2023 at 8:26 pm
      Up
      Down

Thanks, Jacob, that’s my fear with the saved views. Thus, creating a new menu item and page might be the best solution here.

Appreciate your response,

~Meenakshi

The discussion ‘User Personalization’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!