Set up STD cost to take effect in the future

• Set up STD cost to take effect in the future

Posted by DSC Communities on January 8, 2023 at 10:10 pm

Set up STD cost to take effect in the future
    Zvika Rimalt
    Zvika RimaltJan 08, 2023 01:28 PM
    We are looking to use STD cost Costing Method for our inventory. New STD cost values are calculated …

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Zvika Rimalt
    Posted Jan 08, 2023 01:28 PM
    We are looking to use STD cost Costing Method for our inventory.

New STD cost values are calculated and take effect on the first of the month (say – February 1st)

On the Costing Versions form, I can set up new STD cost with “From Date” value of 2/1/2023

but when I activate the cost, the Activation date (=the date from which the cost is effective) is set to today’s date.
    So how can I make sure my new STD cost becomes active on 2/1/2023, and not today?

——————————
    Zvika Rimalt
    Functional Consultant
    Vancouver BC
    ——————————

Steven Eland
    Posted Jan 09, 2023 07:19 AM
    I just took a look.
    While the option to “Calculate item cost” is capable of running on batch, ‘Activate pending prices’ isn’t.

I suppose Microsoft expect you to sanity check the cost prices before hitting activate (otherwise, for eg, a price qty issue on a BOM could over value the stock by huge factors).

The ‘Activate’ button is actually the trigger for revaluing the cost price of each on-hand line, (and hence the total on-hand value). GL journals will be posted off this button!

The help text for the date also tells me that it is the ‘intended date’.

That’s my understanding. Without a batch job to trigger the activate process then the process of activating new costs is manual.

I would say that it would be possible to achieve with a small dev, but I would be wary about relinquishing control of your stock values to a computer!

——————————
    Steven Eland
    Steven Eland
    ——————————

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Zvika Rimalt
    Posted Jan 09, 2023 03:25 PM
    @steve eland

The cost needs to be changed exactly at midnight on the first of the month.

Does it sound like a reasonable business process expectation than an employee needs to be awake at midnight with a timer to press the button?

——————————
    Zvika Rimalt
    Functional Consultant
    Vancouver BC
    ——————————

Steven Eland
    Posted Jan 09, 2023 06:20 PM
    No, it doesn’t sound reasonable. If I had a customer with a requirement that specific I would firstly challenge them to justify the requirement then look to fulfil it with a small development.

You obviously have the option of the ideas portal.

I would also consider any manufactured products to ensure they were calculated and activated at the new raw material cost price.

Or someone else on this forum may have another viable idea??

——————————
    Steven Eland
    ——————————

replied 11 months, 3 weeks ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Set up STD cost to take effect in the future’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!