Sales Tax on PO lines

• Sales Tax on PO lines

Posted by Mark Zerr on May 15, 2023 at 5:02 pm

In the past my experience was to process taxes on PO line items at the time of invoice. My current company decided to put the charge at line level for the item on the PO. The thought being it would help with our cash management. We also have 2 and 3 way matching in play. What I’m finding is that if we have a partial receipt at the time of invoice, we need to update that tax amount. Okay no big deal. When the rest is invoiced, it doesn’t see the remainder and often times fails our 5% overage which leads to an approval process. I’m thinking my overage percentage needs to be at least my highest sales tax but that’s not really a great answer. Wondering if anyone else has a similar process and how they address this.

Kelly Gustafson replied 11 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Kelly Gustafson

June 2, 2023 at 10:37 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

Hi Mark, are you using the D365 Tax module OOTB or an ISV product to calculate taxes?

The discussion ‘Sales Tax on PO lines’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!