Sales by Country? AX2012 R2

• Sales by Country? AX2012 R2

Posted by sam-clark on January 5, 2017 at 12:42 pm
    • Sam Clark

January 5, 2017 at 12:42 PM

Hello All,

Is there a standard report, a personalization, or a query that I could run to give me sales by country for 2016?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Sam

——————————
      Sam Clark
      Business Systems Analyst
      Team Technologies
      Morristown TN
      ——————————

• Colby Gallagher

January 5, 2017 at 7:55 PM

Hi Sam, 

Do you have the cubes deployed?  There is a default dimension hierarchy “Geographic Location” in the sales cube that will provide this. 

——————————
      Colby Gallagher
      Manufacturing Systems Consultant
      Agility Business Solutions
      Brecksville OH
      ————————————————————————-

• Sam Clark

January 6, 2017 at 9:57 AM

Thanks Colby,

That worked for me!  I appreciate your help.

Sam

——————————
      Sam Clark
      Business Systems Analyst
      Team Technologies
      Morristown TN

• Bill Donahue

January 6, 2017 at 8:31 AM

Hi Sam,

You can find a report in the path AR>Reports>Statistics>Invoice>Customer Invoice Journal. The query we use is shown above. You can substitute an * in the state field. Hope this helps.

——————————
      Bill Donahue
      Controller
      AGC Chemicals Americas, Inc.
      Exton PA

• Archive User

January 6, 2017 at 11:39 AM

A watchout when using the Customer invoice journal is that if the address on the sales order is no longer effective, the related invoice for the sales order does not appear to get included when running for a single state.

——————————
      Chris Tofil
      Agility Business Solutions
      Cleveland OH

• Sam Clark

January 6, 2017 at 9:57 AM

Thanks Bill!

——————————
      Sam Clark
      Business Systems Analyst
      Team Technologies
      Morristown TN

• Stacy Black

January 6, 2017 at 10:14 AM

Hi Sam,

Using report filters sometimes is the easiest way to get the information you need.  Finding the filter on the reports that you want will be key to determining what field you might use for designating the country of your customer.  Here are a few if you have the “Customer” table available in your report filters:

1.  Customer Groups for your countries?  Though most use this for sales regions and such.

2.  Statistics group – Customer master> Miscellaneous FastTab> Statistics Group, this is a field that you can set up your countries.  This is a field that can be setup by you with your specific codes.

3.  Country/Region – Customer master> Miscellaneous FastTab> Government identification – Country/Region is populated with countries and regions by AX.  You would want to add the customer number in the ID to make them unique records.

4. Comments – Customer master> Sales demographics FastTab> Subsegment – If this field is not being used you can set up your countries.  This is a field that can be setup by you with your specific codes.

I hope this helps give you some ideas of how to resolve your issue.

——————————
      Stacy Black
      mcaConnect
      Denver CO

• Sam Clark

January 16, 2017 at 8:53 AM

Thanks everyone! I have what I need now.

You are appreciated!

Sam

——————————
      Sam Clark
      Business Systems Analyst
      Team Technologies
      Morristown TN
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Jason Carter

January 17, 2017 at 9:49 AM

Are you grouping invoices based off the primary address for the customer, or based of the address on the invoice….and if the invoice, is it the invoice/billing address or the delivery address that you need?

A simple Atlas merge from the address ID in the invoice journal to the postal address view will let you split out sales by country, state, or zip code. The postal address view contains current and expired addresses, so you’ll still get accurate results even if an address is no longer valid.

I do this in my own reporting to see sales by country/state/zip in an Excel based report, then set the report to automatically refresh so I can build a Power BI dashboard on top of it to plot the sales out on a map. It takes about 15 minutes to set this up. Let me know if you’d like to do a GoToMeeting session to walk through the process.

——————————
      Jason Carter
      Regional Channel Manager – Americas
      Globe Software Pty Ltd
      Fargo ND
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

sam-clark replied 7 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Sales by Country? AX2012 R2’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!