Purchase Orders generated from Project Management and Accounting are allowed even if budget hasn’t been approved

• Purchase Orders generated from Project Management and Accounting are allowed even if budget hasn’t been approved

Posted by Patrick Perlas on September 12, 2019 at 3:30 pm
    • Patrick Perlas

September 12, 2019 at 3:30 PM

We recently upgraded to D365 F&O v10 from v7.3

It seems like in v7.3, when a user tried to generate a Purchase Order against a project in Project Management and Accounting, if the related budget hadn’t completed the budget approval workflow (or the revised budget approval workflow), the user was unable to relate a PO line to an activity.  

We recently found that users are now able to issue PO’s against a project where the budget hasn’t completed the approval workflow.  I’ve tried looking through the “What’s new in version..” documents, both version and platform updates and can’t seem to find a reference to this functionality changing.

Is there a setup I’m missing?  Has anyone else experienced this and if so, how did you resolve it?  We’d like to prevent PO’s from being issued until the Project budget is approved.

Thanks.

Patrick

• Ian Gorman

September 12, 2019 at 7:46 PM

Patrick,

I’ve noticed a variety of workflow related issues with POs between v8 and v10. I would recommend opening a case with Microsoft. That is the route I have had to take for the majority of my workflow issues, with some turning out to be actual bugs that were addressed in the latest updates.

——————————
      Ian Gorman, PMP, MCSE
      Consultant
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Patrick Perlas

September 17, 2019 at 6:53 PM

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your reply.  I will most likely log a ticket with Microsoft as it does feel like a bug.

Regards,

Patrick

• Jack Moran

September 13, 2019 at 3:26 PM

Hello Patrick,
      As a starting point, do you have the “check budget on document line save” parameter enabled under Project Mgmt and Accounting Parameters > Cost Control > Budget Control menu path?

——————————
      Jack Moran
      Director of Industry Solutions
      Columbus
      Greenfield NH
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Patrick Perlas

September 17, 2019 at 6:52 PM

Thanks for the reply Jack.

Yes, I have that setting enabled.  It used to work in v7.3 which we upgraded from.

Patrick Perlas replied 4 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Purchase Orders generated from Project Management and Accounting are allowed even if budget hasn’t been approved’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!