Power Automate Approvals with F&O Workflows

• Power Automate Approvals with F&O Workflows

Posted by Julie Husted on October 5, 2020 at 3:30 pm
    • Julie Husted

October 5, 2020 at 3:30 PM

I’m using the Power Automate approval template called Complete Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations workflow work items (PU29). I have a few questions about this template and wonder if anyone has suggestions. I didn’t get a reply in the Power Automate forum, so I thought I would try here.

• Scenario 1:  The user approves the workflow within F&O and not via the Power Automate email, which leaves the Power Automate flow in a running state. How can I update the Power Automate flow so that it periodically checks to see if the F&O workflow is still active, and if not, the Power Automate flow stops? Also, if the F&O workflow is still active after the check, how can I send reminder Power Automate emails?
      • Scenario 2:  The user approves the F&O workflow through the Power Automate email message and the user is shown wording that says the approval was successful.  In reality, the Power Automate flow has lost connection to F&O and the workflow did not actually get approved. Why does the flow lose connection?
        • An error has occurred. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  clientRequestId: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

——————————
      Julie Husted
      Financial Applications Manager
      ALAS Ltd.
      Chicago IL
      ——————————

Julie Husted replied 3 years, 6 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Power Automate Approvals with F&O Workflows’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!