Payment Schedule on Sales Order, how do I calculate from Ship date?

• Payment Schedule on Sales Order, how do I calculate from Ship date?

Posted by Patrick Perlas on August 26, 2022 at 2:52 pm
    • Patrick Perlas

August 26, 2022 at 2:52 PM

I am looking into using Payment Schedule for our Sales Orders.  In testing, whenever I add a Payment Schedule to a Sales Order, it calculates the due dates from today (assuming my payment terms are due immediately).  I have the first due date marked as “Shipping” so I would expect it to calculate from the stated ship date.  I’ve tried changing the ship dates and when I recalculate, it uses todays date as the due date.

I can put in payment terms of say N30 and it calculates it out to 30 days from today for the first invoice, it seems to ignore the ship date.  Am I missing something in the setup?

Thanks.

Patrick

——————————
      Patrick Perlas
      Energy Recovery Inc
      San Leandro
      ——————————

• Mara Taylor

August 29, 2022 at 3:02 PM

We set up everything in Payment Terms and then go from there… for Example 

and then on the sales order by using the payment terms it does the Net 30 -30 days from the ship date 

I hope this helps

——————————
      Mara Taylor
      Credit Manager
      Kent Water Sports Holdings, LLC
      Snoqualmie WA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Patrick Perlas

August 30, 2022 at 1:16 PM

Hi Mara,

Thanks for your reply.

I noticed that you have a date field on your Terms of Payment that I don’t seem to have:

Was this a customization, or is there a feature in D365 that you turned on to add that?  

In your example, do you add the Apr10 Terms of Payment to the Sales Order and so the Sales order date is hard coded to 4/10/21 based on the terms of payment?  If so, do you have to create a separate Term of Payment for each of the days?

Sorry for all of the questions, I’m trying to figure out how to best apply this.

Thanks.

Patrick

——————————
      Patrick Perlas
      Energy Recovery Inc
      San Leandro
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Mara Taylor

August 30, 2022 at 1:26 PM

When you type in New to create a Payment terms these fields open up ( i thinking) now that you are asking maybe it is a custom field we added

So we have your basic terms of Net 30, Net 60 and Net90 but yes we also have dating terms so i have to add it in each year, or change the Year of the terms each year, as you can see this one says 4/10/21… So for this past year i added a new term of 4/10/22 and for this upcoming season i did 4/10/23… You can add the new term or edit the one that is already there to change the year… Now when we did Net 30 or Net 60 you just do the following and these you don’t need to update each year

——————————
      Mara Taylor
      Credit Manager
      Snoqualmie WA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Patrick Perlas

September 2, 2022 at 1:25 PM

Hi Mara,

I haven’t been able to get back and test this thoroughly, but I would like to thank you for your responses.

Much appreciated!

Patrick

——————————
      Patrick Perlas
      Energy Recovery Inc
      San Leandro
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Mara Taylor

September 7, 2022 at 3:34 PM

Patrick, 

it was my pleasure trying to help you…. We don’t have normal due dates so it took us some time to be able to figure it out as well, Please let me know if there is anything AR or Credit questions you have and i will always try and help

——————————
      Mara Taylor
      Credit Manager
      Snoqualmie WA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Patrick Perlas replied 1 year, 8 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Payment Schedule on Sales Order, how do I calculate from Ship date?’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!