International Duties and Taxes

• International Duties and Taxes

Posted by Russell Deleon on May 19, 2023 at 2:36 pm

Hello.

I am curious how duties and taxes are being calculated by your business/organization during sales order processing?

We are in the midst of implementing D365 F/O and I want to get some feedback how we can accomplish this and the configurations/set up that are needed/involved.

Please advise!

Regards,

Russell De Leon

Russell Deleon replied 11 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • amckenzie@corcentric.com

May 22, 2023 at 6:35 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

Russel,

Taxes are setup via the Tax module through a series of hierarchal configurations. Sales tax authorities, sales tax codes, sales tax groups, item sales tax groups (assigned to Products/released products). Sales tax values which are set on the sales tax code level. The Sales tax codes are then assigned to customer records so, if XYZ customer is set for AZ tax, that code is setup on the card and then charged upon invoicing of the SO.

You can also use the Sales tax group and Item sales tax group to charge tax on an invoice generated from the General Ledger module.

The MSFT documentation is pretty comprehensive for this setup.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/finance/general-ledger/indirect-taxes-overview

• Russell Deleon

May 24, 2023 at 9:52 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

Thanks Amanda! Will this apply to international customers? I am looking for a solution to cover both duties and taxes for our non-US customers.

Russell

The discussion ‘International Duties and Taxes’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!