How to display a note on a posted customer invoice journal

• How to display a note on a posted customer invoice journal

Posted by Mark Jones on July 7, 2023 at 4:58 pm

I posted this in the old community forum back in January and am just getting back to the replies I received back then.

We are on AX 2012 R3 cu12. Hopefully migrating to D365 later this year.

Our users sometimes forget to change the Attachments Restriction setting from Internal to External when entering notes in sales orders they wish to have printed on the customer invoice, using print management.

It appears that if the user realizes this mistake and changes the sales order note from Internal to External after the customer invoice has been generated, AX will not print that note on the customer invoice when they reprint the invoice.

@yvancharbonneau
    had answered with this:

In order to change the
    Restriction parameter on the notes for a specific invoice, just go to that record
    in the invoice journal form (either from Accounts receivable / Inquiries or
    directly from the sales order) and simply change the restriction there. Once
    you reprint the document, the note(s) will appear on the document as expected.

The problem is that I can’t find any Attachments option in the Invoice Journal form, or any notes restriction option there. Where would I find this option to try it out? Screenshots of that form in AX 2012 are attached. Thank you!

Yvan Charbonneau replied 10 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Crystal Ahrens

Organizer
    July 9, 2023 at 3:37 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

Did you find it ? do you have the correct level of security sorry didnt see if your a Sys

• Yvan Charbonneau

July 10, 2023 at 11:34 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

Hi Mark, sorry I wasn’t more specific. From the invoice journal (header or line, depending on whether the attachment was on the sales order header or line), you click on the document handling button in the status bar or you can use the File / Command / Document handling menu option to get to your attachment that got copied over to the invoice. You should then be able to change the Internal value to External and reprint the invoice to get what you wanted.

If you’re not able to edit the record, you might want to add the invoice journal / invoice lines tables to the active document tables to allow editing at all times. If that’s the case, let me know and I’ll tell you how.

The discussion ‘How to display a note on a posted customer invoice journal’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!