Generating payment advice PDF for Vendor Payments

• Generating payment advice PDF for Vendor Payments

Posted by Zvika Rimalt on October 21, 2019 at 7:45 pm
    • Zvika Rimalt

October 21, 2019 at 7:45 PM

Hi All,

In the AP module, we use D365FO to generate EFT files to make electronic payments to our vendors.
      In addition we want to generate the payment advice documents in PDF format

If I try to print payment advice to SCREEN it opens each advice as a separate “report”, requiring me to print or save each of them separately before D365 even generates the EFT file.

If I try to print the report to PDF file, entering the file name, then the resulting file contains only the LAST payment advice (it seems the system creates all payment advice document using the same file name, each overwriting the previous one..

So – 

1. Is there a way to generate a single payment advice containing ALL vendor payment lines?

2. Alternatively, is there a way to create each payment advice as a file with a unique name (so I can have all instead of just the one for the last payment line)?

This is one of those frustrating examples where I want to appeal to Microsoft to maybe slow down on building inspirational good-for-no-one AI based accounting solutions, and simply improve the core simple functionalities and make them more efficient…… sorry for my little rant.
      or maybe there is also a brilliant feature doing exactly that and I am just stuck in my old ways… any thoughts?

——————————
      Zvika Rimalt
      Functional Consultant
      Vancouver BC
      ——————————

• Corey Warawa

October 22, 2019 at 10:23 AM

Hi Zvika,

I have experienced the same when trying to print the payment advice files.  We have moved forward with emailing them to our vendors using print management.  Is there a specific reason why you need to print them?  Would it be possible to utilize print management to send them to a central email?  I realize this would mean many emails being received but each would have a PDF for the particular payment advice.

——————————
      Corey Warawa
      Functional Architect
      Liquor Stores North America
      Edmonton AB
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Zvika Rimalt

November 2, 2019 at 7:32 AM

We print them to save a paper copy for archiving, along with the vendor invoices (I know, not very digitally forward…), and we may also send a copy to the vendor if they request one.

——————————
      Zvika Rimalt
      Functional Consultant
      Vancouver BC
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Richard Malouin

October 23, 2019 at 11:13 AM

Hi Zvika,

What do you use to submit your EFT file to your bank?
      Because if you use SKG (with TAS Module) you should be able to have a Payment Advise summarize by Vendors.

Thanks

——————————
      Richard Malouin CPA, CGA
      Senior analyst
      PSP Investments
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Christopher Ho Yee

November 1, 2019 at 7:48 PM

Hi Zvika,

Have you tried toggling the Print Archive in Print management default setup?

You can then retrieve the files from the Print archive (Organization administration > Inquiries and reports > Print archive)

Still a clumsy option, but may be workable.

——————————
      Christopher Ho Yee
      Altius Consulting
      Richmond BC
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Zvika Rimalt

November 2, 2019 at 7:37 AM

Thanks Chris,

Apparently we think alike since this is exactly what I ended up suggesting to the user as a workaround, and they thought it was workable.

It’s an “OK” workaround, but I am not too crazy about it.
      All the files are created with the same name in the print archive list, and it can makes it harder for the user to located the one they want (some payment journals may have dozens if not hundreds of lines)

——————————
      Zvika Rimalt
      Functional Consultant
      Vancouver BC
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Miha Vuk

November 15, 2019 at 10:10 AM

Hi,

This is an older thread, but I hope the answer still applies.
      Docentric Free Edition can help you in two points for solutions described above.

File print destination can use placeholders in file name, so each file will get its unique name and you will get all payment advises.
      Print archive is also improved, so you will be able to find payment advice based on vendor, payment journal number, check number, .etc
      You can also download multiple documents at once as a ZIP or one merged PDF.

It is simple to deploy and free.

——————————
      Miha Vuk
      DOCENTRIC D.O.O.
      Kranj
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Zvika Rimalt replied 4 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Generating payment advice PDF for Vendor Payments’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!