D365 Licensing

• D365 Licensing

Posted by Kevin Rettig on February 7, 2017 at 5:16 pm
    • Kevin Rettig

February 7, 2017 at 5:16 PM

For those of you/us who are in the process of upgrading to D365 for Ops:

Do you have any tips/tricks on figuring out which licenses (Enterprise vs Team vs Device) you need?

Curious, what ratio of Enterprise and Team licenses did you end up needing?

I’ve read the Microsoft licensing guide and also attended the licensing town hall earlier today, but still struggling to determine what licenses we will need.

Thanks!

——————————
      Kevin Rettig
      Manager, Application Development
      Hobart / ITW
      Dayton OH
      ——————————

• Archive User

February 21, 2017 at 8:14 AM

Hi Kevin, I studied a little and I think I can contribute, in my point of view it got a little easier.
      Now we have only two options, Light user and Full user, where the user with light permission can view the applications and have specific registration permission, such as creating a purchase requisition and recording travel expenses. The full user is allowed to register in all functionalities, such as creating and launching a general journal.
      For devices there is no license anymore, the features will be validated and restricted according to the license associated with the user of the device.
      The definition of the license to be acquired must be done according to the user profile mapping; interestingly, Dynamics 365, when selecting the profile, already indicates the license required by the user.
      To acquire the license there are the following ways, the Team Member, or you pay for the user to have light access to all applications, or by application where you will pay for the user to have full permission on the selected application, and lastly you Has the option of plan, where you will pay for the user to have access to the applications within the selected plan.
      These prices are monthly and vary depending on the amount of license contracted.

——————————
      Bruno Andrade
      RGM Informática
      São Paulo
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Jason Meyer

February 23, 2017 at 7:04 AM

Device licenses are still available.  You can find them on page 15 of the D365 enterprise licensing guide: 

http://download.microsoft.com/documents/en-us/dynamics/pricing/Dynamics_365_Enterprise_edition_Licensing_Guide.pdf

——————————
      Jason Meyer
      CIO
      Bomgaars Supply Inc
      Sioux City IA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Ian Gorman

April 22, 2018 at 3:00 PM

Hello,

Did you ever get any headway with this inquiry?

——————————
      Ian Gorman, PMP
      ERP Financial Manager
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Kevin Rettig replied 7 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘D365 Licensing’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!