Credit Card Transaction Import Error/Cannot use credit card number

• Credit Card Transaction Import Error/Cannot use credit card number

Posted by Raheel Rao on March 20, 2020 at 12:12 pm
    • Raheel Rao

March 20, 2020 at 12:12 PM

Hi all,

We’re using expense management and when importing transactions where the card number is for example ‘6080’, we get below message in the data management import job.

Results. The credit card import can’t be completed because the card ending in 6080 is a credit card number and is not allowed in the system. Please correct the import file to contain numbers in the format entered in the employee credit card form.
      Results. Validations failed while writing entity record

These 4 digits are what identify a card(employee) in the bank’s transaction file. I also get similar error when I try to setup 6080 as the card number under HR>Employee>Expense>Credit Card but have found a work around where i’ll start with 16080 and it will let me save the last 4 digits. It’s same issue on PU31/10.0.7 and PU33/10.0.9.

The overall workaround I did was I changed the card number to something that system would accept but cannot continue doing that as the transaction file will always have 6080 and what if in future there is an actual card with the number i’m using here.

Has anyone else faced this issue with credit card transactions import? How did you resolve it? Let me know please.

Thanks,

Raheel

——————————
      Raheel Rao
      Solution Architect
      Hickory Farms
      IL
      ——————————

• Robert Lerner

March 23, 2020 at 8:55 AM

Hi Raheel.

Have you tried this:

1. Navigate to Human resources > Workers > Employees
      2. Locate the employee with the credit card discussed
      3. Then on the Action pane select Expense > Edit > Employee mapping and per diem
      4. Once clicked on that button, you’ll get a message that the mapping has been done
      5. Try upload the file again

Robert

——————————
      Robert Lerner
      Ducks Unlimited Canada
      Stonewall MB
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Kerstin Newman

March 24, 2020 at 7:14 AM

I have to be honest, never came across that specific error before – but we’re on 10.0.8/PU32, and our file comes in with ************1234 as the number, and that’s how I entered it into the employee record, although it is not showing the * in the employee record at all.
      There is a setting in the expense management parameters that determines how your credit card numbers are stored in the system:

You might want to play around with that to see if it helps? Good luck!

——————————
      Kerstin Newman
      Business Analyst
      StarTech.com
      London ON
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Raheel Rao

March 24, 2020 at 3:46 PM

Robert, that only allows us to setup the vendor and per diem which was already in.

Kerstin, that parameter worked! I changed to ‘hash card number’ and re-imported the same file and it worked.

Thanks both of you for your feedback!

p.s. Last challenge(hopefully) is to write up a script that re-formats the bank transaction file which right now comes in with unnecessary repeated heads and characters.

——————————
      Raheel Rao
      Solution Architect
      Hickory Farms
      IL
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Raheel Rao replied 4 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Credit Card Transaction Import Error/Cannot use credit card number’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!