Consolidation of multiple sales order direct delivery demand on a single PO

• Consolidation of multiple sales order direct delivery demand on a single PO

Posted by Steve Emmons on March 19, 2024 at 3:25 pm

Hello all,

I have a challenge from our business that I have been able to crack (and my keyword searches on available literature just haven’t produced anything meaningful).

Here’s the scenario:

1. Customer A places multiple direct delivery orders simultaneously with the same delivery address. Besides having multiple distinct sales IDs, there is a distinct customer requisition value for each order.

2. We are using the standard “Create Direct Delivery Orders” periodic function in batch (class MCRCreatePurchOrderForDropShipments).

3. When the class runs, it’s creating a single direct delivery purchase order for all the customer’s direct delivery sales lines across all the sales orders with the same delivery address (one purchase order line for each distinct direct delivery sales line marked, of course, using the reference sales ID and reference sales lines’ inventtransid).

The direct delivery material is being shipped to the customer en-masse by the vendor using the single purchase order….this is the problem. The customer is requesting that each direct delivery sales order be processed individually (each with its own direct delivery purchase order) as opposed to aggregating on a single direct delivery purchase order. The current solution is that our customer service users create a direct delivery purchase order from each sales order manually, but the volume of orders received makes this impractical. I’m looking at Purchasing Policies, but I’m not finding the secret sauce to leverage this functionality for producing segregated direct delivery purchase orders by originating sales order for just one customer. Has anyone had to deal with this and have any suggestions/links to documentation that cover this?

Steve Emmons replied 1 month ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Steve Emmons

March 25, 2024 at 3:59 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

Hi all, Just a friendly follow up to see if anyone has dealt with this kind of a conundrum?

Steve

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!