Collection Letters: Email Body Blank

• Collection Letters: Email Body Blank

Posted by Kim McDonald on February 15, 2024 at 5:08 pm

Hello,

Were are looking into using the collection letter features in D365 F&O and want to email these to our customers. We discovered (and it was confirmed as “working as intended” by Microsoft) that D65 F&O does not natively support sending an email with any wording in the body of the email, only sending the email with the collection letter attached to the email. So the customer would essentially receive a blank email with an attachment—if it got past the spam filters!

I saw that some 3rd party solutions address this issue–does anyone have experience with this or have recommendations?

Thank you!

Amy May replied 1 month, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Suf Hayes

February 15, 2024 at 5:15 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

I don’t have much knowledge of this feature, but it looks like MS is adding a feature to allow an email body for SSRS reports (which I think the collection letter would be) in version 10.0.39. The feature is called Document report email body feature.

You may want to see if this covers your needs around this.

• Amy May

March 13, 2024 at 6:27 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

We are using Docentric to enrich emails coming out of F&O. I’ve been pretty pleased with their product and support. https://ax.docentric.com/

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!