Bottle deposits on sales order line

• Bottle deposits on sales order line

Posted by Zvika Rimalt on March 1, 2021 at 11:44 pm
    • Zvika Rimalt

March 1, 2021 at 11:44 PM

Hi All,

In our grocery distribution business we want to automatically add deposits to the sales order line.
      (simply – we sell 5 bottles, we need to charge 5xbottle deposit)

The obvious choice is to use sales charges on the line level, and use auto-charge rules to automatically link these to specific items.
      This also takes care of posting into the right ledger account to record the deposit.

What I am not liking about the functionality is that I cannot find where the sales clerk is getting visibility to the details of what charges are added, and for how much for each line..

If looking at the sales order line – the total charges are printed, but not broken by order line.
      If looking at the sales order line level > Maintain Charges, the clerk can see that a sales charge WAS added to the line, but it does not show what is the actual amount that is being added.
      Printing the sales order seems to also just print the total charges…

What am I missing? This will make it hard for the person entering the order to verify everything “looks correct”
      Is there a better way to add bottle deposit amounts?

Zvika  

I have a question related to automatically adding bottle deposits

——————————
      Zvika Rimalt
      Functional Consultant
      Vancouver BC
      ——————————

• Jack Moran

March 2, 2021 at 6:53 AM

Hi Zvika,
      How about using a Service Item and adding it to the item master for the bottles being sold? You might need to make a minor customization to have the Calculate Supplementary Items process run automatically after entry of a parent SO line for the bottles in question, but I think it would get you to where you want to go otherwise.

——————————
      Jack Moran
      Solutions Architect
      MCA Connect
      Greenfield NH
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Zvika Rimalt

March 3, 2021 at 1:50 AM

yes, I should definitely explore that direction.
      Question is – does the “supplementary items” process keep a “link” between the original item and the deposit?

Ideally if the item quantity changes or the whole line is deleted, I would want the linked deposit to modify as well.

——————————
      Zvika Rimalt
      Functional Consultant
      Vancouver BC
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Matthew Stainforth

March 3, 2021 at 7:58 AM

Hi Zvika,

We are doing bottle deposits using a per unit tax code. This approach works well for us.

——————————
      Matthew Stainforth
      Senior Systems Analyst
      ANBL
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Zvika Rimalt

March 3, 2021 at 1:28 PM

Thanks Matthew! that’s an interesting and fresh idea.
      I used “tax” for all sorts of things in the past (withholding, fees…) makes sense to try it for deposits

I will give it a try…

——————————
      Zvika Rimalt
      Functional Consultant
      Vancouver BC
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Zvika Rimalt replied 3 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Bottle deposits on sales order line’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!