AP Invoice Interface – Method of payment field not sent

• AP Invoice Interface – Method of payment field not sent

Posted by Julie Husted on March 28, 2018 at 10:03 am
    • Julie Husted

March 28, 2018 at 10:03 AM

?

AP invoices originate from a system outside of AX. Our current API interface to Payables provides the Method of payment for an invoice. We primarily have 2 MOPs, ACH or check. A new interface to Payables will no longer provide the Method of payment information. AX needs that field in order to create a payment journal. I realize that if payments were created one at a time, the default vendor method of payment would be applied to the payment. But we will not be paying the invoices one at a time. We use the payment proposal method, which does not supply the default Method of payment from a vendor.

How do you get around the problem of not supplying the MOP field in the invoice? It doesn’t seem like it should be the responsibility of the outside system to determine how to pay a vendor.

We are running AX 2012 R2 CU1.

Thank you.

——————————
      Julie Husted
      Senior Financial Applications Administrator
      ALAS, Inc.
      Chicago IL
      ——————————

• Joshua Cabrera

March 29, 2018 at 1:45 AM

Hi Julie,

Are you using the payment proposal function when doing payment journals?

This should allow you to do a “check” payment run where you set a filter for vendor method of payment = “check”, and it will pull in invoices only where the vendor has been set up as a “check” vendor.

And then you could do a separate batch for ACH payments.

The key is having default MOPs assigned on all your vendor accounts.

——————————
      Joshua Cabrera
      PwC
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Julie Husted

March 29, 2018 at 9:15 AM

?Yes we are using payment proposal. I was able to successfully grab invoices when I filter on vendor MOP like check (or ACH). However, I was unable to pay the invoice without the MOP filled in (see below).  It would be great if the MOP field was updated with the default vendor MOP when creating a payment proposal.  That doesn’t seem to be the case.

Once I manually update the MOP field in the payable journal, I can process payment.

This is an example of what is returned when I request to pay invoices for vendors with a MOP of ACH.  I get the results. But unless I update the red box, I can’t actually pay this invoice. 

Is this standard functionality? 

——————————
      Julie Husted
      ALAS, Inc.
      Chicago IL
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Joshua Cabrera

March 29, 2018 at 2:13 PM

?Great. So in the payment proposal, before you transfer it to the journal to create the payment journal lines – you can update the MOP on the invoices (top pane of payment proposal).

There’s a button there that let’s you do a mass update so if you’re paying 60 invoices with 1 check, you can update all 60 invoices’ MOP in 1 shot.

This is the standard functionality.

If you have a good team or partner, this likely could be a small development item for them to update the application so when you transfer the lines to the journal, it sets the MOP for the lines based on the vendor account.

——————————
      Joshua Cabrera
      PwC
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Julie Husted

March 30, 2018 at 11:30 AM

?Joshua –

This is excellent information and its exactly what I was looking for.  It works perfectly. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my question.

Julie

——————————
      Julie Husted
      ALAS, Inc.
      Chicago IL
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Joshua Cabrera

April 2, 2018 at 1:15 AM

Great – glad I was able to help!

——————————
      Joshua Cabrera
      PwC
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Alexis Barrios

March 30, 2018 at 7:52 AM

Hi everyone, 

I am using D365, and trying to make a payment proposal always give different voucher per each individual invoice I am selecting.   I do not pay invoice by invoice.  I make only one check for the total amount.

Is something wrong I am doing?

Am I missing a special setting for that process? 

——————————
      Alexis Barrios
      Fyffes Group Ltd
      Pompano Beach FL
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Joshua Cabrera

April 2, 2018 at 1:21 AM

Hi Alexis,

For this to work, please review how the methods of payment (MOP) have been configured in the AP module.

The MOP’s “period” setting should be “total” if you want to group all invoices in one check.

——————————
      Joshua Cabrera
      PwC
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Alexis Barrios

April 3, 2018 at 8:37 AM

Thanks Joshua, it works fine.

Regards,

——————————
      Alexis Barrios
      Fyffes Group Ltd
      Pompano Beach FL
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Zvika Rimalt

April 2, 2018 at 2:10 AM

Alexis – I am not sure I understand your requirement.

One one hand you want one payment line, settling multiple invoices.
      On the other hand you want separate voucher for each invoice paid?

There is only a single voucher when you pay multiple invoices with one payment line – the voucher of the payment – crediting cash and debiting the vendor sub-ledger

——————————
      Zvika Rimalt
      Functional Consultant
      Vancouver BC Canada
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Ankit Modi

March 29, 2018 at 3:36 AM

Hi,

You can set default method of payment on the vendor master. Further change you API in such a way that it will get the method of payment set on vendor master and create AP invoice in AX.

——————————
      Ankit Modi
      Project Manager – AX/D365FO
      Indusa Infotech Services Pvt Ltd.
      Ahmedabad
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Zvika Rimalt

April 2, 2018 at 2:07 AM

Hi Julia,

In the “natural” flow of Dynamics AX, when a vendor invoice is created it is defaulted with the method of payment set up as default on the vendor.

In my mind there is a flaw in the integration with the 3rd party system integration with AX.
      When creating the invoices through the integration, the “appropriate” behavior for the integration would be to follow the native AX business logic, and populate MOP upon invoice creation, based on Vendor setup.

Rather than customize AX logic and potentially disrupt future use of your ERP I would actually advise look into fixing the integration logic so it does what it is supposed to do
      Customization is rarely the best alternative, although many will be glad to sell you them.

Zvika

——————————
      Zvika Rimalt
      Functional Consultant
      Vancouver BC Canada
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Joshua Cabrera

April 2, 2018 at 7:46 AM

Zvika is correct.

If there are any changes made from a technical perspective to address this issue, the change should be done through the integration so the invoices have the correct MOP – vendor’s default – set through the integration.

This can be done even though the other application has no knowledge of the MOPs in AX.

Not sure what I was thinking earlier ??

——————————
      Joshua Cabrera
      PwC
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Julie Husted replied 6 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘AP Invoice Interface – Method of payment field not sent’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!