Top X Charts and criteria for null value inclusion

• Top X Charts and criteria for null value inclusion

Posted by DSC Communities on May 11, 2022 at 5:49 pm

Top X Charts and criteria for null value inclusion
    Donal McCarthy
    Donal McCarthyMay 11, 2022 08:54 AM
    I have a chart that is set to show Top 15 by a currency column. If there is 0 or no value in the column, …
    1. Top X Charts and criteria for null value inclusion

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Donal McCarthy
    Posted May 11, 2022 08:54 AM
    I have a chart that is set to show Top 15 by a currency column.
    If there is 0 or no value in the column, items are still being returned.
    I was asked what is the criteria for selecting these items and what sort is being applied to them.
    I was stumped – anyone any idea?

——————————
    Donal McCarthy
    BrightWork 365 Solution Architect
    BrightWork
    Galway
    ——————————

2. RE: Top X Charts and criteria for null value inclusion

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    William Suycott
    Posted May 12, 2022 06:54 AM
    If you create a list view and include this currency column, can you then try sorting on that column? If you cannot sort on it, that will be your indicator as to the problem. If unable to sort it is likely a calculated field based on another child entity column that is either a roll up or calculated field(there is a depth limitation on these types of columns), and if this is the case your chart can’t apply a top x to the column.
    The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and review by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.

replied 11 months, 3 weeks ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Top X Charts and criteria for null value inclusion’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!