crmug.com vs. dynamicscommunities.com

• crmug.com vs. dynamicscommunities.com

Posted by DSC Communities on February 1, 2023 at 11:51 pm

crmug.com vs. dynamicscommunities.com
    Follow
    Jeff Henry
    Jeff HenryFeb 01, 2023 08:48 AM
    Does anyone know what’s going on around the switch to a new user group site? I see a note on crmug.com …

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Jeff Henry
    Posted Feb 01, 2023 08:48 AM
    Does anyone know what’s going on around the switch to a new user group site? I see a note on crmug.com indicating the sites will be shut down in April. However, I’m still getting daily digest emails around topics on the site as well as reviewing all the great content posted in the discussion forum. When I go to DynamicsCommunities.com, I don’t see much under the discussion forum on that site.

——————————
    Jeff Henry
    Application Manager
    XTRA Lease
    Saint Louis MO
    ——————————

D365UG/CRMUG ALL STAR
    Aaron Back
    Posted Feb 02, 2023 08:31 AM
    Hi @Jeff Henry! We are still keeping the current CRMUG.com site up until April. In the meantime, we are encouraging members to start new discussions on the Dynamics Communities site to grow the discussion forum. The reason you don’t see much under the discussion area is that the site went live in November 2022 after Summit. Glad to jump on a call with you to chat further, if needed.

——————————
    Thanks,
    Aaron

Aaron Back
    VP, Dynamic Communities
    ——————————

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Jeff Henry
    Posted Feb 02, 2023 03:46 PM
    Hi Aaron,
    Thanks for the info. Will you be migrating or archiving all of the discussions on this forum somewhere for future access?
    I often search for a topic that was discussed in the past to refresh my memory on the details.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

——————————
    Jeff Henry
    Application Manager
    XTRA Lease
    Saint Louis MO
    ——————————

Tristan Rounkles
    Posted Feb 03, 2023 09:20 AM
    Edited by Tristan Rounkles Feb 03, 2023 09:21 AM
    Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your input on how you use the discussion forums. Our team is discussing the migration of the archives, though, I do not have a firm answer on if or when these will be available on the new site.

Thank you,

Tristan

——————————
    Tristan Rounkles
    Customer Service Manager, Dynamic Communities
    ——————————

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Jeff Henry
    Posted 25 days ago
    Hi Tristan,
    Wondering if you all have figured out how to migrate all of these discussions to the new DynamicsCommunities.com site. Also, will there be an option to sign up for a daily digest of new/modified discussions?
    Thanks,

Jeff

——————————
    Jeff Henry
    Application Manager
    XTRA Lease
    Saint Louis MO
    ——————————

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Ron Goetz
    Posted 25 days ago
    I just find it hard to understand why all the good information that was shared Openly and Freely, aka “User Group” will be archived and hidden inside a PAID subscription site. Even MS leaves it KB and such open to view by anyone. This was my GoTo place, sadly, there is no way my company will drop $50 a pop for several memberships to a “UG” with “benefits”.

——————————
    Ron Goetz
    Application Support Analyst
    Goddard Systems, Inc.
    Freeport IL
    ——————————

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Donal McCarthy
    Posted Feb 03, 2023 02:47 AM
    Hi @Aaron Back
    Am I correct in understanding that you have to have a paid account to post on ​the Dynamics Communities site?
    Thanks,
    Donal

——————————
    Donal McCarthy
    BrightWork 365 Solution Architect
    BrightWork
    Galway
    ——————————

Tristan Rounkles
    Posted Feb 03, 2023 09:14 AM
    Edited by Tristan Rounkles Feb 03, 2023 09:17 AM
    Hi Donal,

Yes, you are correct. A paid account is needed to access and post on Dynamics Communities.

Thank you,

Tristan
    ——————————
    Tristan Rounkles
    Customer Service Manager, Dynamic Communities
    ——————————

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Gretchen Garcia
    Posted Feb 03, 2023 03:45 PM
    I’m sad that the new community is going to be paid only and that the membership fee is so high. Dynamics is just one of several hats that I wear and it’s pretty hard to justify that expensive of a membership for state / local govt users.

——————————
    Gretchen Garcia
    Systems Administrator
    Denver Public Library
    Denver CO
    ——————————

Julian Coleman
    Posted Feb 06, 2023 04:44 AM
    I agree with Gretchen. The charity I work for will not be able to justify the membership costs which will cut me off from a very useful source of information. Sad times 🙁

——————————
    Julian Coleman
    The Felix Project
    London
    ——————————

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Brian Mergen
    Posted Feb 07, 2023 09:07 AM
    Agreed. I don’t expect Dynamics Communities to be around to long. They turned it from a great user group into a bad business. The speakers that UG summit should definitely get free room and board, and free access to the summit, but shouldn’t be paid. Now they are charging to be a part of the forums. The new ownership is taking it in the wrong direction. Used to be a great location to collaborate with like minded people. Somebody saw dollar signs…..

——————————
    Brian Mergen
    Dynamics 365 CE (CRM) / DBA
    Morton Buildings, Inc.
    Morton IL
    ——————————

D365UG/CRMUG ALL STAR
    Aaron Back
    Posted Feb 09, 2023 09:48 AM
    Hey @Brian Mergen just wanted to jump in here. Any speakers that are selected by the User Group Programming Committees will receive a free pass to the event, and they are not paid. Would love to have you submit a few CRM sessions for Summit North America 2023 (https://www.summitna.com/call-for-speakers/) to share your expertise with the community

Also, for a bit of clarity, the membership pricing to this CRMUG.com site is listed here: https://www.crmug.com/membership/pricing

——————————
    Thanks,
    Aaron

Aaron Back
    VP, Dynamic Communities
    ——————————

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Donal McCarthy
    Posted Feb 08, 2023 03:53 AM
    That’s a real pity.
    IMO, forums live and die by active membership.
    Erecting barriers to forum membership is not conducive to that.

——————————
    Donal McCarthy
    BrightWork 365 Solution Architect
    BrightWork
    Galway
    ——————————

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Eva Sandvik
    Posted Feb 24, 2023 10:47 AM
    Aww man, this is too bad.

We’ve had an active crmug membership on and off for the past 10 years, depending on the level of need. It’s too bad that there is no option to do this on the new site.

That will probably be the nail in the coffin for D365 at our organization. The powers that bee have been looking for reasons to get rid of it, but it’s been so easy to get and keep going that they’ve not been able to justify standing up something new.

——————————
    Eva Sandvik
    Senior Access Control Analyst
    Sharp Community CONNECT
    San Diego CA
    D365 Online
    ——————————

replied 1 year ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘crmug.com vs. dynamicscommunities.com’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!