Connected Teams chats in the Timeline

• Connected Teams chats in the Timeline

Posted by Tina Silver on October 9, 2023 at 6:23 pm

I am turning on Teams chat in the Customer Service Hub for the first time in my Dev instance. I had a Global Admin turn on the “Show Teams chats on the connected record’s timeline (Preview)”. I then selected “New connected chat” and started talking with a co-worker. I am not finding a way to get this into the Timeline. I know it is still in (Preview) but I would think it would be functioning so that we could provide feedback to Microsoft. Has anyone successfully seen a Teams chat in a Timeline?

Tina Silver replied 7 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Becky Beaucher

October 10, 2023 at 7:07 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

Hello Tina. You have to configure the Timelines of the records you want to show Teams Chat. From the Form Designer, select the Timeline, see the options on the right panel, and check the box to show Teams Chat. You will have to do this for each Form where you want this option.

• Tina Silver

October 10, 2023 at 10:52 am
      Up
      Down
      ::

Thanks Becky. Someone suggested that in the DUG post I created too. Nowhere in the documentation does it say you need to do that, it just says to update the flip the toggle to Yes for “Show Teams chats on the connected records timeline (Preview)”. It says “Sync Teams chat data with Dynamics 365 records. This will allow chat activity to show up on the timeline.” If only they had added a little bit more instructions.

The discussion ‘Connected Teams chats in the Timeline’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!