Zebra Printers Gone Wild! (Problems with label printer using Lanham eShip)

• Zebra Printers Gone Wild! (Problems with label printer using Lanham eShip)

Posted by Lewis Rosenberg on November 28, 2023 at 6:20 pm

Has anyone worked with Zebra label printers (and Lanham eShip)?

I just set up two new desktop computers in our Shipping Department using the same Zebra ZT410 label printers we have been using for years. Our Zebra printers print direct transfer (no ribbons), but they kept defaulting back from direct transfer to thermal transfer in the middle of a print run. I installed updated drivers and that appeared to fix that issue, but now sometimes after a print job, the next print job will queue and not print until we reboot the computer.

Lewis Rosenberg replied 1 month, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Nathan Ewing

November 28, 2023 at 7:54 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

Yes, I’ve had this exact problem with this exact printer, but not with Lanham E-ship. We’re using Insight Works and Dynamic Ship and connecting to networked printers through Printnode. I’m not sure how much of a difference that will make to the solution since it sounds exactly the same.

In my case this had to do with networked printers and some default settings at the network level. It turns out you can modify the settings on the printer itself, and on a specific machine, but the network settings override both.

I had to get my helpdesk team to update the default settings for paper size, orientation, and thermal transfer settings on the network which finally made it stick for me. If you’re not networked then you should be able to update the printer settings from the machine it’s plugged into.

• Sean Nguyen

December 11, 2023 at 11:57 am
    Up
    Down

Yes we have similar setup with Zebra printer and Lanham Eship, but this issue you are having reminded me of a workaround that we did before and that is to set up in task scheduler a job to auto restart the print spooler at specific time interval (so you won’t have to restart the PC). Not exactly the best solution but something to consider if you haven’t gotten it figured out.

• Lewis Rosenberg

December 13, 2023 at 1:48 pm
      Up
      Down

What happens if the print spooler is restarted in the middle of a print job?

• Lewis Rosenberg

December 15, 2023 at 1:52 pm
    Up
    Down

I was able to change the printer property to bypass the spooler and print directly to the printer….so far , so good.

• Sean Nguyen

January 28, 2024 at 1:25 pm
      Up
      Down

Clearing and restarting the print spooler won’t actually cancel any of your currently printing documents. Instead, it restarts things and proceeds as if all those documents had just been sent to the printer for the first time

• Lewis Rosenberg

March 13, 2024 at 2:46 pm

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!