Whse. Phys. Invt. Journal Line created manually

• Whse. Phys. Invt. Journal Line created manually

Posted by DSC Communities on December 9, 2016 at 1:43 pm
    • Andre Cavalcanti

December 9, 2016 at 1:43 PM

Hi,

When we insert a line manually on the Whse. Phys. Invt. Journal and post, it creates only one entry on the warehouse entries. It does not create the second line for the adjustment bin. Does anyone why this happens?

Thanks

——————————
      andre cavalcanti
      Consultant
      UXC Eclipse
      montreal QC
      ——————————

• Lewis Rosenberg

December 9, 2016 at 2:25 PM

Are you adding an item to the Whse. Phys. Inventory Journal for “found inventory”?

I would advise using the Whse. Item Journal for found inventory during a Physical instead.  We had all kinds of issues trying to use the Whse. Physical Inventory Journal and Physical Inventory Journal for found inventory.

It has been cleaner for us to use the Item Adjustment process (Whse. Item Journal & Item Journal) when adding inventory found during a physical.  The Physical Inventory Journals are just for adjusting inventory that NAV knew about when you started.

——————————
      Lewis Rosenberg
      IT Manager
      Mars Fishcare
      Chalfont PA

NAVUG Board of Advisors, Programming
      NAVUG Programming Commitee
      NAVUG Membership Committee
      ————————————————————————-

• Andre Cavalcanti

December 9, 2016 at 3:36 PM

I have found the users are using Whse. Phys. Invt. Journal to do adjustments instead of using the whse Item Journal. I found the error because the item ledger and warehouse entries did not match. I was just wondering if anyone knows the reason NAV does that. So I’ll have to customize the Whse. Phys. Invt. Journal to avoid this kind of error in the future.

——————————
      andre cavalcanti
      Consultant
      UXC Eclipse
      montreal QC

• Gregory Alford

December 12, 2016 at 9:18 AM

We had the same issue at a former employer. We solved most issues with the Physical Inventory by building a work table where we scanned in all our counts. We also fixed any  count errors in this work table. When we were satisfied with the counts, we ran a processing report that populated the Physical Inventory Journal. We then posted the Physical Inventory Journal. It was an expensive customization, but it worked great for both cycle counts and Physical Inventories.

——————————
      Gregory Alford
      ERP Manager
      Tri Star Metals LLC
      Carol Stream IL

• Matt Traxinger

December 12, 2016 at 10:21 AM

So I’ll have to customize the Whse. Phys. Invt. Journal to avoid this kind of error in the future.”

Just my opinion, but you train people to avoid errors and follow the required business processes. Train them on why it’s important and how it affects the business. You can also try setting up permissions for the tables.

You customize when the system is not able to do what the business needs. Customization should usually be the last resort. I’m just not a fan of restricting functionality when you don’t have to. You’ll never know when you might actually need it.

——————————
      Matt Traxinger
      NAV Developer
      ArcherPoint Inc.
      San Antonio TX

• Michelle Berry

December 15, 2016 at 7:58 AM

Great advise! It is too common that ‘design change’ trumps common features due  to the knowledge; if you are doing a Physical Inventory from the Physical Inventory Worksheet you are looking at what impacts the Financial records of the company. As a shop floorinventory team you are concerned with what is available to meet the demand and when Finance is asking for a Physical they are trying to true up the financial world not the physical inventory.

So inventory found outside of the Physical Inventory Worksheet must be accounted 1st by the Warehouse! and be adjusted  and blessed so that the Item Adjustment can then be recognized in inventory and posted through to the General Ledger.

Based on the event defines the ‘journal’ or ‘worksheet’ used to impact the Warehouse or Warehouse & Inventory which then impacts the General Ledger. NOTE: Warehouse can be out of balance with the Inventory; but the Inventory must balance to the General Ledger.

——————————
      Michelle Berry
      Anveo GmbH
      Hamburg

DSC Communities replied 7 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Whse. Phys. Invt. Journal Line created manually’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!