Web Service Request Limits BC23 On-premise

• Web Service Request Limits BC23 On-premise

Posted by Chris Berndsorf on March 12, 2024 at 3:06 pm

We are in the process of upgrading from BC14 to BC23.4 on-premise and have a ton of custom app integrations via OData web services. We have noticed reduced performance in our BC23 testing and have been looking at the telemetry coming in via App Insights and are noticing a lot of Queue time on our requests. For example, 75% queue time vs. execution time. We have configured all of the relevant Web Service request limits on our service tier such as MaxConcurrentCalls, ODataMaxConnections, ODataMaxConncurrentRequestsPerUser, etc to increase the queue sizes. We have tried both configuring these to 65535 or to 0 which is supposed to disable the limits per the MS docs. None of this seems to have any impact. I have even tried lowering the limits to 5 for all as an example to see if it would reduce performance, but it doesn’t seem to have any impact either way. Has anyone else run into a similar issue or had success configuring these limits? I am wondering if there is some other setting that needs to be changed for these to take effect.

Steven Chinsky MVP replied 3 weeks, 1 day ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Aaron Back

April 3, 2024 at 5:01 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

@SteveChinsky @amandamayer @RobbDelprado @kimd any assistance you could provide to Chris?

• Steven Chinsky MVP

April 4, 2024 at 10:33 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

Chris – I am going to add a tech guru to this and a close friend. He started to ask me questions only you can answer about setting the service settings and separate service tier for ODATA. Meet Brad. I will let him jump into the questions.

Thanks,

Steve

Brad – All yours 🙂

@dvlprlife

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!