Vendor Invoice History by Project

• Vendor Invoice History by Project

Posted by DSC Communities on January 12, 2017 at 4:57 pm
    • Rebecca Dennis

January 12, 2017 at 4:57 PM

We currently have the Cost Control job module add on with Dynamics NAV 2016.  I am trying to locate a report (in similarity to a job cost transaction detail) that will show the vendor name associated with the cost.  I see in the job cost transaction detail I do see the g/l# and the amount.  However, I have no idea who the vendor is.  Is there a report in the job cost module that I can generate for a certain time period and job which will also show me this information?
      If not, is there a accounts payable history report in the NAV Payables module that will show me vendor and job #?  I can’t locate a report in either module that will show me the information I need.

Thank you!  🙂

——————————
      Rebecca Dennis
      Manager-Finance & Operations
      TransPower
      Escondido CA
      ——————————

• David Wiser

January 12, 2017 at 6:49 PM

We also use the same add on and haven’t been able to find anything like that either.  You would have to modify the 10220 report to link from the Job Ledger Entries table back to the Purch. Inv. Header table to get the vendor.  Also, this would only work if you were buying parts specifically for the job and entered the task number on the purchase order/invoice.  If you are drawing the inventory out of stock, you could tie back to the item card, but that would only work if you were identifying the vendor on the item card.

——————————
      Dave Wiser
      Controller
      Beckwith & Kuffel
      Seattle WA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Rick Baxter

January 15, 2017 at 8:00 PM

Rebecca and David,
      Thank you both for the post. I checked the Out of the Box NAV, since we do not like to change the NAV Posting Routines. You are correct, the Vendor Number, Name, Voucher Number, and PO Number and not posted to the Job Ledger Entries. If you use Navigate on a transaction with Source Code = Purchases, it will take you to the information you are wanting. To get this in a Report, you would need to add the additional values to the JLE Table and populate when the PO is posted. Then you could include the Vendor info on several Job Cost Audit Reports. If you think this would be a nice improvement to “Job Manager”, just let me know and we will try to get that functionality into our next release. (2017)

——————————
      Rick Baxter
      Business Development
      Cost Control Software, Inc.
      Carmel IN
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• John Abrugar

January 23, 2017 at 1:35 PM

Thank You SO Much 

I Need a Good Invoicing Software

——————————
      abrugar John
      SF IT Company
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

DSC Communities replied 7 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Vendor Invoice History by Project’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!