Standard Cost on FIFO items

• Standard Cost on FIFO items

Posted by bblomker@cresthealthcare.com on December 22, 2016 at 11:54 am
    • Bill Blomker

December 22, 2016 at 11:54 AM

Some how we have a cost (other than 0.00) in the Standard Cost field in some, not all, of our FIFO items.  We have no idea how they got there and have not determine a way to delete.  This doesn’t impact anything for us but just odd and if there is a way to clean it up we would like to do so.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

——————————
      Bill Blomker
      IT Director
      Crest Healthcare Supply
      Dassel, Minnesota
      ——————————

• David Wiser

December 22, 2016 at 12:27 PM

Usually that means either the item was designated as a standard cost item sometime prior to entries being made and then changed to FIFO.  While an annoyance, the system shouldn’t be using that value for anything. A developer could possible write a processing report to change them all to zero if needed.

——————————
      Dave Wiser
      Controller
      Beckwith & Kuffel
      Seattle WA
      ————————————————————————-

• Bob Bergman

December 23, 2016 at 6:53 AM

Hello,

It is quite likely that a user Calculated the Standard Cost for the item.  It will cause no harm.  As a matter of fact I have clients that do this as a quick estimating tool.

——————————
      Bob Bergman
      President
      REB Dynamics Consulting
      Port Charlotte FL

• John Grant

December 23, 2016 at 11:41 AM

Bill –

I agree with Dave’s comment – the item was setup as a Standard Cost item in the past and switched to FIFO. As you know NAV out of the box does not allow switching cost methods once you have activity but that is another topic for the group.

Also if you did happen to run the Calc. Standard Cost from the item card for the FIFO item or if the item is a component of a Standard Cost Assembly NAV does not update the Standard Cost field for the FIFO item.

Best Regards

——————————
      John Grant
      Senior Application Consultant
      Innovia Consulting

• Bob Bergman

December 26, 2016 at 6:19 AM

Hi,

I ran a test in an out of the box NAV 2016 DB

I created a FIFO Item, set the replenishment system to Prod. Order.

I assigned a BOM and Routing to the Item

I ran the calculation of Standard Cost for the Item

The system updated the Standard Cost for the FIFO Item

——————————
      Bob Bergman
      President
      REB Dynamics Consulting
      Port Charlotte FL

• Don Saito

December 26, 2016 at 2:59 PM

Hi Bob,

NAV will calculate standard cost regardless of the costing method if you have a Production BOM assigned.  This can be a useful calculation for comparison purposes.  But rest assured, your inventory will be costed using FIFO, not standard since the costing method is set to FIFO. 

The Adjust Cost – Item Entries routine will adjust the cost based on FIFO or whatever costing method is selected on the item.  This is one of the reasons why this routine must be run frequently. 

——————————
      Don Saito
      ERP Efficiency Experts, LLC
      West Hills CA
      don@erpefficiency.com
      http://www.erpefficiency.com

bblomker@cresthealthcare.com replied 7 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Standard Cost on FIFO items’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!