SMTP error when releasing purchase orders

Tagged: ,

• SMTP error when releasing purchase orders

Posted by Heather-Walters on September 7, 2023 at 9:57 am

We are on NAV 2015 and when a purchase order is released, NAV attempts to use SMTP to email the PO approvers. This morning our purchasing team started getting this error when they try to release.

Our SMTP settings are using anonymous authentication, port 25 via mail.protection.outlook.com. This has worked fine for years.

From my google searching, this has to do with the 2023 TLS 1.0/1.1 EOL. But I remember my NAV Partner checked with me over screen share that we are not using these.

I welcome any advice. TIA

I also don’t remember how to find the TLS settings for NAV…

Chris Warren replied 7 months, 4 weeks ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Jessie Sanger-Picard

September 7, 2023 at 2:19 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

I remember the TLS issues as we are on NAV 13 (currently upgrading) and our Avatax add-on was going to stop working. @chris-warren do you know anything about this?

• Chris Warren

September 11, 2023 at 5:13 pm
    Up
    Down

I’m not too familiar with that particular error, but I know we had some issues using SMTP and anonymous authentication when we were on NAV 2017. I think you might be correct @heatherwalters in that it could be due to the deprecation of that feature from MS. We had some other systems where SMTP stopped working recently, and updating them to not use anonymous authentication solved our issues.

• Heather-Walters

September 12, 2023 at 7:46 am
      Up
      Down

Thank you. That validates our thoughts. We ended up using a different service (SendGrid) and it is working.

• Chris Warren

September 13, 2023 at 7:53 pm
        Up
        Down

Glad to hear you got it worked out. I will say that we’ve noticed some of our legacy SMTP services still work with anonymous authentication… doesn’t seem to be consistent from the MS side.

The discussion ‘SMTP error when releasing purchase orders’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!