RF Scanning

• Posted by DSC Communities on December 14, 2016 at 11:24 am
    • Iaroslav Pankovskyi

December 14, 2016 at 11:24 AM

Dear All,

We are considering implementing RF scanning for advanced warehousing (for NAV 2015). We are considering cooperating with To-increase Independent Software Vendor (ISV). Has anyone worked with this ISV and their product or other products. A piece of advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

——————————
      Iaroslav
      ——————————

• Franz Kalchmair

December 17, 2016 at 2:10 PM

for to-increase: best you contact at least one of their customers, http://www.to-increase.com/our-customers/

also check out other solutions.

to you need only a scanning solution or also a logistics/warehouse solution ?

——————————
      Franz Kalchmair
      Dynamics NAV Engineer and Consultant
      Microsoft MVP
      Vienna
      ————————————————————————-

• Alex Wiley

December 18, 2016 at 10:39 PM

We looked at To Increase and Tasklet Factory, ultimately TF was the best fit for the client’s need and their personal preference on the layout/UX and some added functionality. It really depends on what you need out of it and if one will have to modify and cost you extra over another provider. They are both light years ahead of standard NAV and Lanham for the interface. 

——————————
      Alex Wiley
      Haschen
      Denver CO

• Jim Augenstein

December 21, 2016 at 1:54 PM

Hello Laroslav – I see that you have many suggestions and I would be remiss if I did not introduce ACE Warehousing into the mix. Other opinions notwithstanding, the ADCS interface offers simplicity, an unsurpassed short learning curve, brisk performance and is preferred by warehouse managers over other choices. ADCS is also the only UI created within NAV. I would argue that choosing a solution based solely on a UI that is “light years” ahead offers nothing to the very specific tasks that need to be performed by the typical warehouse workers.

Further, ACE Warehousing includes numerous enhancements that improve the overall efficiency of warehouse workers. If you are interested in learning more, I will be happy to go into more detail. Please let me know and I will arrange for a demo for you.

——————————
      Jim Augenstein
      Channel Manager
      Lanham Associates
      Aliso Viejo CA

• Mark Hamblin

December 22, 2016 at 2:57 PM

I think you’re doing the right thing and having a look at all alternatives, then selecting the one that’s the best fit for you. All of the ones mentioned so far (To-Increase, Lanham, Tasklet, plus http://www.NAVmobileWMS.com ) are good solutions, each with their own particular strengths. It’s always best to have a look at all of them and make an informed decision on a solution that fits best with your environment and requirements.

——————————
      Mark Hamblin
      Dynamic Manufacturing Solutions
      Edmonton

• Iaroslav Pankovskyi

December 23, 2016 at 11:17 AM

Franz, Alex, Jim, Mark,

Thanks for your replies! They help a lot.

——————————
      Iaroslav

DSC Communities replied 7 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘RF Scanning’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!