Revenue on G/L vs under Job Details on Job Card

• Revenue on G/L vs under Job Details on Job Card

Posted by DSC Communities on January 19, 2017 at 11:35 am
    • Brenton Leete

January 19, 2017 at 11:35 AM

First time posting a question on here:

We recently switched to NAV and had some unbilled revenue sitting out on our G/L from our old system.  Turns out we needed to back out the unbilled revenue and debit some overstated revenue.  I did this in a job journal with the credit hitting the unbilled revenue account and the debit hitting the revenue.  Our G/L looks great now but for some odd reason, our revenue on the job card under the job details in the top right actually increased by the amount of the entry.  How do I correct this without making any more entries to the G/L?

Thanks in advance.

——————————
      Brenton
      Broken Arrow OK
      ——————————

• Kim Dallefeld

January 19, 2017 at 12:00 PM

The fact box that you refer to, is it Job Details – WIP/Recognition?

Did you post your entry using the Job G/L Journal, I believe you did if you affected the GL. I think the issue that you know that the account you hit are unbilled revenue and revenue but at the job level NAV sees the credit to unbilled as sales because its a credit.

You can do a Job Journal, which will not hit the GL and debit the unbilled revenue account. Not sure if you want to reverse the revenue debit here as well based on the information you provided.

——————————
      Kim Dallefeld
      NAV Consultant
      Ft Worth, TX
      Kim@Dallefeld.com
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Alex Chow

January 19, 2017 at 12:01 PM

You can’t.

I would reverse the job journal and do your adjustments using the General Journal.

——————————
      Alex Chow
      Dynamics NAV MVP
      AP Commerce
      Los Angeles CA
      Blog: http://www.dynamicsnavconsultant.com
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Brenton Leete

January 19, 2017 at 1:04 PM

Thank you for your quick responses.  I ended up just reversing the entries and going through the G/L journal.  It’s not exactly the end result I was looking for but my G/L is still correct doing it this way and I can live with the Job Card – Job Statistics being a little bit off seems how I haven’t figured out what the really effects yet.

——————————
      Brenton
      Broken Arrow OK
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

DSC Communities replied 7 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Revenue on G/L vs under Job Details on Job Card’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!