Requisition Worksheet Changes

• Requisition Worksheet Changes

Posted by David Wiser on November 30, 2017 at 8:16 pm
    • David Wiser

November 30, 2017 at 8:16 PM

When entering items on a requisition worksheet, the system will use the replenishment method from the SKU card and then the item card.  There are times we want to change that on the req worksheet.  For example, we may normally purchase items for a location (which is set up as “Purchase” on the sku card), but for a case where another location has excess, use the req worksheet to generate a transfer order instead.  My thinking was to make the “Ref. Order Type” field editable on the req worksheet to allow the type to be changed.  Has anyone else run into this and solved the issue a different way?

——————————
      Dave Wiser
      Controller
      Beckwith & Kuffel
      Seattle WA
      ——————————

• Marguerite Manelski

December 1, 2017 at 12:38 PM

The replenishment system is actually editable.  Once you change that the Ref. Order Type will also change.  The only down fall to this is you would need to know if you had excess stock in another location before you enter the req. sheet as it will  not tell you.  We personally dealt with a  similar issue.  This was one of many reasons that we made the switch to Lanham Demand Planning.  This add on will actually tell you that you have excess stock in another location and suggest that you move that stock before making another purchase.  ?

——————————
      Marguerite Manelski
      Purchasing Agent
      American Ring
      Solon, OH
      **Great Lakes Chapter Member**
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• David Wiser

December 1, 2017 at 2:36 PM

– You are favorite person today.  I didn’t even notice the replenishment system field on the worksheet.  I still need to do a little tweaking, but it looks like that will work.  THANKS.
      ??

——————————
      Dave Wiser
      Controller
      Beckwith & Kuffel
      Seattle WA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Jason Nicolaou

December 1, 2017 at 2:00 PM

?Hey Dave!  I am no developer, but couldn’t you modify NAV’s logic to something like, “if location A’s qty on hand > Safety stock, change the field to transfer, if location b’s…” and so on so that the nested “if” looks throughout your network and the last option is purchase?  This would require adding a field on the requisition worksheet for identifying the transfer from location that would ultimately populate the transfer order if one is created.  This is a more complex path, but once automated could be a nice solution.

——————————
      Jason Nicolaou
      Solutions Architect
      Socius
      Dublin OH
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Val Gameiro

December 1, 2017 at 4:31 PM

I haven’t had to deal with that issue before, and I can’t think of another way of doing it.

Might be worth trying in a DEV environment. I don’t have any other ideas of how to do it.

——————————
      Val Gameiro
      Senior NAV Analyst
      BPL Plasma
      Austin, Texas
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

David Wiser replied 6 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Requisition Worksheet Changes’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!