RE: Error in Collapsed Deposit line (Bank Reconciliation worksheet)

• RE: Error in Collapsed Deposit line (Bank Reconciliation worksheet)

Posted by DSC Communities on January 23, 2017 at 5:33 pm
    • John Koo

January 23, 2017 at 5:33 PM

Hello experts, one of our clients has the issue with getting incorrect deposit amount in Bank Reconciliation worksheet. First, the original deposit lines were generated through the Suggest Lines with collapsed status. But when the client ran the Suggest Lines repeatedly, the amount appeared to be getting bigger. Also when trying to expand the incorrect deposit lines, NAV didn’t allow to expand and it generated the error message “Bank Account Leger Entry does not exist”.

Has anyone got this issue before? I am not sure if it is a bug because I didn’t see the hotfix for this.

Thank you,
      John   

——————————
      John Koo
      Altus Dynamics.
      Toronto, ON
      ——————————

• Kristen Wiggins

January 24, 2017 at 7:56 AM

We also had this issue happen twice.  The first time we didn’t catch it and posted the bank reconciliation as if it was an un-reconciled item.  There was no fix for it and it could not be recreated. We ended up in the following month having to make a journal entry to correct the bank account balance when the error was discovered.   The second time it was caught before we attempted to post and we cleared the entire reconciliation starting it from the very beginning.

——————————
      Kristen Wiggins
      Staff Accounting/Data Analyst
      DOW Electronics
      Tampa FL
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Iaroslav Pankovskyi

January 24, 2017 at 10:07 AM

Hi John,
      What version of NAV is your client using? What Cumulative Update (CU) is this?

The Bank Reconciliation area is known to for its complexity and bugs can occur there. I have recently come across two bugs (four if you count both of the reports involved) – here is some info that can be related to your question:

One of our clients has experienced an issue with Bank Rec report (10407) – namely the Bank Rec. Test Report does not show collapsed deposit lines. The client is using NAV 2016. Luckily, Microsoft has released a hotfix for this – it was released in CU 7 in May 2016. The hotfix # is: 378983. You can find it by going to the following page:https://mbs2.microsoft.com/Knowledgebase/kbdisplay.aspx?scid=kb,en-us,3157492

Please note that there is an identical report in NAV that can be affected by the same bug – Report 10408 which our team of developers can fix using the same hotfix, but also applying it to this report separately (in addition to 10407).

There was another issue related to the same reports – namely, the reports group Deposit lines in correctly and provide incorrect total amount for Deposits. The fix for this can be found in NAV 2016 CU 13 on the Microsoft PartnerSource site.

I hope it helps!

——————————
      Iaroslav
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• John Koo

January 25, 2017 at 5:17 PM

Thanks Iaroslav, the client is on NAV 2015. I showed client the workaround but it would be a bit tedious depending on how many false entries, I hope we get more clarification from official Microsoft channel.  

John

——————————
      John Koo
      NAV Knowledge Services & Support Analyst
      Altus Dynamics
      Toronto, ON
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

DSC Communities replied 7 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘RE: Error in Collapsed Deposit line (Bank Reconciliation worksheet)’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!