Purchase Quotes / Purchase Orders and Approval Workflows

• Purchase Quotes / Purchase Orders and Approval Workflows

Posted by Chris Warren on August 25, 2023 at 4:34 pm

Anyone else find it odd that once a purchase quote is approved and in the released state, that once you convert it to a Purchase Order, it doesn’t default to Released? Instead it’s created in the Open state, requiring you to go through the approval process again.

Am I missing something here? We’re on BC 21 on-prem.

Chris Warren replied 8 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Lewis Rosenberg

August 28, 2023 at 9:52 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

Hi Chris,

Yes, I am pretty sure that is the way it works. We looked at it earlier this year when we implemented purchase approvals for indirect purchases. I though we could have users enter a quote, get it approved and then convert it to an (approved) order.

To avoid an approval on the PO after the quote had already been approved, we decided to skip the purchase quotes. Users enter a purchase order and we just have an approval workflow on that.

• David Wiser

August 29, 2023 at 12:41 pm
    Up
    Down

One thing to look at for the PO is to add a filter to exclude PO’s that have a purchase quote number in the header. If so, then you can bypass the approval for those and only submit the PO’s without a quote number for approval.

• Chris Warren

August 29, 2023 at 1:25 pm
    Up
    Down

@Lewis_Rosenberg Thanks, it’s good to know I wasn’t missing something about this functionality. I’ve also noticed that only purchase orders flow into Cash Flow Forecasting, not quotes, so that’s something to keep in mind.

I agree that it doesn’t make sense to use Purchase Quotes if you just have to get the PO approved again.

@davidwiser – Great tip!

The discussion ‘Purchase Quotes / Purchase Orders and Approval Workflows’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!