Purchase Order reporting

• Purchase Order reporting

Posted by Joseph Gorman on March 26, 2024 at 10:23 am

Hello – I am looking for a Business Central Purchasing report that will show me the status and details (what has been received and invoiced – all lines) of all open PO’s. There is the Purchase Order Status report but once there is no outstanding quantity(all receipts are done) the PO line is no longer on the report. Is there an out-of-box report for the Purchase Order Lines?
    Regards

Jo deRuiter replied 1 month ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Jo deRuiter

March 26, 2024 at 10:40 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

Hi @joe-gorman-homegmail-com

If you are using Inventory there is an Inventory Purchase Orders report that shows all open items on PO’s and their QTY status.

Otherwise, if you are not using inventory and wanted it presented in a more readable fashion, then use a configuration package for Purchase Lines (Table 39), choose which columns (so many you can choose that are helpful for this report), filter the list in the config package to pull just the status’ you are interested in, like Purchase Order and export that to Excel.

In Addition, you can build custom reports using API connections that will give you this information through Excel or Power BI, etc.

Also, if you use your lookup magnifying glass and enter “Purchase Lines” you’ll get a great list with all of the status’ including Amt Rec’d Not Invoiced, etc.

• David Wiser

March 26, 2024 at 11:09 am
    Up
    Down

The report (10156) does include a filter for Outstanding Qty <> 0. If you have access to a developer, it would easy enough to copy report 10156 into a new report and remove the Outstanding Qty filter thereby giving you all the open orders.

• Joseph Gorman

March 26, 2024 at 11:17 am
    Up
    Down

Thanks Jo & David.
    When I enter Purchase Lines I only see 4 option none the actual PO Lines.
    I could use the lines if could get to them.
    So it looks like either a developer to remove the filter or create a PBI report because no native BC report?
    Regards

• Jo deRuiter

March 26, 2024 at 11:26 am
    Up
    Down

Hi Joseph,

Try just putting “Line” in the search, the first time I looked for it I could not see it either, but remember to expand the List area if you see a Show All indicator

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!