Planning Worksheet – buffer expected receipt date

• Planning Worksheet – buffer expected receipt date

Posted by Jackie Whittington on February 6, 2019 at 11:34 am
    • Jackie Whittington

February 6, 2019 at 11:34 AM

#NAV2018                   #SupplyChain

We are working with the planning worksheet and forecasting to create purchase orders.  I am having an issue with getting the suggested expected receipt date to reflect our requirements.  We want to  buffer the expected receipt date by 60 days.  

Our forecast is based on previous years sales.  Ie:  Sales from June 2018 are used to plan for requirements in June 2019.  

Forecast
      This item has a 60 day lead time from the vendor.  We use a lot accumulation period of 120 Days ( 4 Months )

.Item setup
      When we calculate the plan, all of these settings work perfectly.

Calculate Plan

Calculated Plan
      However, we need to product to be arrive, 60 days prior this.  In this example we want to buffer the due date (expected receipt date on the PO)  by 60 days –  Due date April 2, 2019.  The only date I was able to affect was the planned receipt date by entering 60 days in the safety lead time field.  This affected the planned receipt date, but the date that is used by the system as the scheduled receipt date is the expected receipt date and not the planned receipt date.
      Item availability
      Is this possible in standard Nav?  ???

——————————
      Jackie Whittington
      Business/Systems Analyst
      Coghlan’s Limited
      Winnipeg MB
      ——————————

• Kim Dallefeld

February 6, 2019 at 11:49 AM

Check out this article….

Purchasing Lead Time in Microsoft Dynamics NAV

ArcherPoint, Inc. remove preview
      Purchasing Lead Time in Microsoft Dynamics NAV
      There are actually two Purchasing Lead times in Dynamics NAV. If we look at the Replenishment and Planning Tabs of a Dynamics NAV Item Card or SKU Card, we see Lead Time Calculation and Safety Lead Time. The Lead Time Calculation is what most people would call Purchasing Lead Time.
      View this on ArcherPoint, Inc. >

——————————
      Kim Dallefeld
      Kim@Dallefeld.com
      Dallefeld Consulting, LLC
      Member of Dynamics Consulting Group
      Ft. Worth, TX
      2019 NAVUG Board of Advisors
      Past NAVUG Board Chairman
      NAVUG Programming Committee
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Ben Baxter

February 7, 2019 at 8:07 AM

Jackie,

I think you are on the right track.  The Lead Time calculation is used to define how long it takes your vendor to delivery product from the time you place the order.  The Safety Lead Time is the buffer you want the product on the shelf prior to when you actually need it.  So using a combination of the two fields should give you the net result you are looking for.

Due Date = Demand Date (Forecast Date in your case)
      Planned Receipt Date = Due Date + Safety Lead Time
      Order Date = Due Date + Safety Lead Time + Lead Time

——————————
      Ben Baxter
      Consultant
      Accent Software, Inc.
      Carmel IN
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Andrew Good

February 7, 2019 at 11:11 AM

Jackie,

?I would suggest that you show another column on your Planning Worksheet, so you can see the Order Date. This will help you get a more complete picture of what NAV is doing.

——————————
      Andrew Good
      President
      Liberty Grove Software
      Oakbrook Terrace IL

Join us at User Group Focus in Houston, March 13-14, 2019.

Join me and my co-presenter at the following sessions:
      CFO79 – Standard Costing and Manufacturing Variances

Not for you, check out the other great content at https://www.ugfocus.com/focus/locations/houston/houston2
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Jackie Whittington

February 7, 2019 at 4:40 PM

Thanks all for your responses.  

Using Safety lead time of 60 D we were able to get the planned receipt date to populate correctly

po
      However, Nav is still looking at the expected receipt date.  If I enter demand for May, Nav is telling me that we won’t have stock, even though our planned receipt date is prior.  Is there any way to get Nav to evaluate the planned receipt date rather than the expected?

item avail
      Much appreciated.

——————————
      Jackie Whittington
      Business/Systems Analyst
      Gear Aid Inc.
      Winnipeg MB
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Jackie Whittington replied 5 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Planning Worksheet – buffer expected receipt date’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!