Not sure what to research – Sales Loss?

• Not sure what to research – Sales Loss?

Posted by Fiona Gray on April 3, 2024 at 3:01 pm

Hi there, our director of operations asked me to look into the functionality in BC for finding, basically, sales losses? We are manufacturing with tight turn arounds and every batch of product we make we sell out of. We don’t currently use most of what BC has to offer regarding inventory, orders and sales management and we were looking to track if Customer 1 orders 1,000 stock units but we can only provide them 800 units, we have ‘loss sales’ of 200.

I’m not in operations (obviously) and am not sure what this module or even what it is called. Can someone help me out with at least basic terms and BC functionalities to Google / search for here in the community to get started?

Chris Warren replied 3 weeks, 1 day ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Jessie Sanger-Picard

April 3, 2024 at 4:01 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

@RobbDelprado is this something you might be able to help with?

• Robb Delprado

April 3, 2024 at 6:09 pm
    Up
    Down

Hello Fiona,

I am not sure if you are asking about specific Items, or specific lots of those items.

Attached is a sample report, Item Sales Statistics. The report is a standard Business Central report that can be found using Tell me, the Search function.

This report shows by Item sales for a selected period of time and includes quantity sold, total sales dollars, total cost of sales, profit dollars, a profit per cent.

If you need an analysis by Lot number, we could use the analyze function in the Item Ledger Entries.

From the analyze view, can create pivot tables and export to excel.

• Chris Warren

April 3, 2024 at 8:41 pm
    Up
    Down

This is an interesting one.

How do you determine what your total demand is vs. what you can manufacture? Do you have a sales order open in BC that shows shipped vs. requested quantity? Are you using any of the demand capabilities inside of BC? If not, I’m not sure there’s an easy way to pull a report like this since BC won’t know what you were attempting to sell vs. what was in inventory.

• Lewis Rosenberg

April 4, 2024 at 9:36 am
    Up
    Down

Hello @fionalawsonsfinest-com ,

We created a modification where we capture “Lost Sales.” We have a table where every order line item is written to. Shipments and Invoices update this table. We created a “Cancel Order” function so if there is a back order that won’t be shipped, we cancel the order and update the table with qty and amount remaining (not shipped). This allows us to track orders accepted vs. fulfilment and “Lost Sales.”

• Chris Warren

April 7, 2024 at 7:25 am
      Up
      Down

That seems like a great solution to tackling this problem!

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!