NAV Sales Tax Service Providers – Avalara vs. ??

• NAV Sales Tax Service Providers – Avalara vs. ??

Posted by Kristina Borsch on January 23, 2017 at 4:02 pm
    • Kristina Borsch

January 23, 2017 at 4:02 PM

We are looking to upgrade to NAV 2017 later this year.  Avalara hasn’t released their update to be compliant with NAV 2017 yet, but they expect to by the end of this month.  I was just curious if any other NAV customers have had good luck with a service provider other than Avalara that they use that integrates well with NAV?

The searches I’ve done on the discussion board appear that CCH is no longer integrating with new releases of NAV?  I spoke to Thompson Reuters at Summit 2016 about their One Source product, but they hadn’t integrated with NAV yet.  I don’t know if Vertex SMB integrates with NAV.  Is there anyone else out there or is Avalara pretty much a monopoly with NAV?

Thanks for any insight!

——————————
      Kristina Borsch
      Senior Accounting Manager
      1517 Media
      Minneapolis MN
      ——————————

• David Wiser

January 23, 2017 at 7:08 PM

Haven’t worked with these folks on sales tax, but they are also in the space.

Easy Sales Tax | Dynamics NAV Addons

Dynamicsnavaddons remove preview
      Easy Sales Tax | Dynamics NAV Addons
      Cloud based sales tax calculations directly into NAV from Wolters-Kluwer CCH, the world’s leading provider of tax information., 4.0, 5.0, 2009, 2013
      View this on Dynamicsnavaddons >

——————————
      Dave Wiser
      Controller
      Beckwith & Kuffel
      Seattle WA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Jeffrey Mantz

January 23, 2017 at 9:19 PM

CCH no longer supports the Easy Sales Tax solution, and no further development is planned. CCH themselves say they are working on a solution but have no timeline. I know first hand, we are working on a NAV 2016 project and started with Easy SalesTax and CCH last summer. Had to scrap plans after doing our initial database merge as ran into substantial problems getting it to work. Set us back a couple of months. The Avalara solution so far has worked flawlessly for us in testing.

——————————
      Jeffrey Mantz
      Zefon International
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Kim Dallefeld

January 24, 2017 at 9:56 AM

I was involved with an implementation of Easy Sales Tax and it did not function correctly.

At the Dallas Chapter meeting, Chris Kane of Wolter Kluwer attended. He did not demonstrate a solution but I believe they have one. chris.kane@wolterskluwer.com.  No harm in asking.

——————————
      Kim Dallefeld
      NAV Consultant
      Ft Worth, TX
      Kim@Dallefeld.com
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Chris Kane

January 25, 2017 at 2:09 PM

Kim, thank you for the shout out…

Kristina,
      The short answer is Yes, we have several solutions that work well with NAV from Data Feeds and look up tools to full calculation engines.  Feel free to call me at 214-542-3778 or send me an email at chris.kane@wolterskluwer.com.

——————————
      Chris Kane
      Alliance Partner Manager
      Wolters Kluwer
      Lavon TX
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Alex Chow

January 24, 2017 at 12:34 PM

We utilize the Easy Sales Tax with CCH. It had a TON of bugs that we had to fix. In the end, we did get it working and the customer is happy with it.

Avalara solution works, but the modifications they use is very invasive to the core Dynamics NAV product. Basically, instead of using existing icons and functions, they try to recreate it on their own.

Both of these companies farm out their development to India and I suspect they don’t do too much QC on the developers there.

I believe Jonathan from ChargeLogic is working with the folks at Avalara to fix their code. I suspect that’s the release they’re currently working on.

——————————
      Alex Chow
      Dynamics NAV MVP
      AP Commerce
      Los Angeles CA
      Blog: http://www.dynamicsnavconsultant.com
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Sheryl Adelson Schiffman

January 26, 2017 at 12:32 PM

Hi Kristina,

I second what Chris Kane has stated.  Going into my 4th year at WK CCH, and working in the channel for the past 11 years, I’ve overall had great success with WK CCH supporting clients both from a partner perspective with NAV and direct clients at WK CCH.

As everyone knows, projects have ups and downs and WK CCH is here to support all involved.  For the gentleman who said our development is in India, I’ll correct that by saying it is not true.  In Irving, TX WK CCH has 2 office locations–one is all occupied by development supporting the Sales Tax Group only.  In addition, Research for Sales Tax is all done in the USA.

For purposes of Kristina’s needs–I too am happy to help in anyway.  I cover MN and based on who your partner is, will see you’re well taken care of.  Please feel free to contact me at:  sheryl.adelson@wolterskluwer.com  or 888.545.0339.

And yes, WK CCH will most definitely support the ??? out there for the NAV folks in need of Sales and Use Tax Compliance.

——————————
      Sheryl Adelson Schiffman
      sheryl.adelson@wolterskluwer.com
      888 545 0339
      Wolters Kluwer
      Dallas TX
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Sachin Chavan

May 9, 2017 at 7:22 AM

Hello Kristina Borsch,

we have release 10.0.13682.01.00 build on 

February 7, 2017.
      Here is the link for  Avalara AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017 RTM Release Notes

Avalara Help Center remove preview
      Avalara AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017 RTM Release Notes
      Read the release notes to learn about the latest changes, improvements, and fixes to Avalara AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
      View this on Avalara Help Center >

Please reach out to me if you need further assistance.

——————————
      Sachin Chavan
      Avalara
      Seattle WA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Jeff Cooke

November 17, 2020 at 1:04 PM

Kristina,

I’m in the process of evaluating a few of the sales tax options out there.  Which one did your company end up going with?

Thanks,

——————————
      Jeff Cooke
      Controller
      Power Service Products
      Weatherford TX
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Kim Peterson

November 18, 2020 at 9:08 AM

Another solution to consider  is Vertex Inc.

A solid solution that has many capabilities others don’t.  Along with a fixed pricing model – the smaller companies pay less for the services than larger companies as an example.  It’s budget friendly.

I’ve also finding to save a ton of money / headaches if you sell non-taxable products or have a lot of items on an invoice.  It’s simply one price and you don’t have to worry about what it will cost in those cases.

Here’s the contact I work with there:  ann.demilio@vertexinc.com

——————————
      Kim Peterson
      Founder
      Dynamics Connections
      Battle Lake MN
      Kim@DynamicsConnections.com
      701-261-7307
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Kristina Borsch replied 7 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘NAV Sales Tax Service Providers – Avalara vs. ??’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!