NAV 2018 Lanham EDI 856 with Status Codes

• Cliff McDaniel

May 19, 2023 at 11:38 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

Let me see if I can find you an answer for this.

• Lewis Rosenberg

May 20, 2023 at 11:16 am
    Up
    Down

I am not familiar with Line Status codes on the ASN/EDI 856 What segment is that?

If you are referring to the EDI855 (Purchase Order Acknowledgment), then you need to code it as E_SLSASN to use the status codes. I think that there is also an additional license requirement for the E_SLSASN. It may be the E_SLSPOA that is an export only document with no advanced functionality.

There are some Lanham team members that read this board, so if I am incorrect on any of this, hopefully, they’ll correct me.

• Lewis Rosenberg

May 20, 2023 at 1:02 pm
      Up
      Down

<<If you are referring to the EDI855 (Purchase Order Acknowledgment), then you need to code it as E_SLSASN to use the status codes>>

CORRECTION:
      If you are referring to the EDI855 (Purchase Order Acknowledgment), then you need to code it as E_ADVPOA to use the status codes

• Noreen Fujita-Sacco

May 22, 2023 at 7:51 pm
      Up
      Down

Hi, Lewis.

There can be status codes on an 856. This customer requires we send ASN as a final confirmation when shipped complete as well as notifying of a backordered item cancelling the entire order if any one item is not available. Status codes for 856 are in the same place as those for 855. Just choose a different EDI Doc No. and then enter codes for header and line as usual.

• Ruthie-Moshos

May 22, 2023 at 7:33 pm
    Up
    Down

Hi, Noreen- I would need a little more information on what you are trying to do, but the 856 E_SLSASN does have a setup for status codes on the document itself. I’ll send you the documentation on this.

• Noreen Fujita-Sacco

May 22, 2023 at 7:57 pm
      Up
      Down

Thanks, Ruthie.

I did set codes up with defaults on both the Status Codes page and the 856 Export tab. however, I left Order Shipped and Item Shipped blank because we’re using Order/Item Shipped Complete and Order/Item Backorder Status Codes. Are those required and I should duplicate the Complete codes?

Something else is wrong because NAV isn’t generating the BOL automatically. I’ll test again from a complete shipping station tomorrow and see if I get better alerts.

So you’ve never used the E_SLSSTS for an 856?

• Noreen Fujita-Sacco

May 22, 2023 at 8:11 pm
        Up
        Down

Oh, good grief. I set up the packing rule and somehow it wasn’t applied to the customer card. Mea culpa! Thank you all for your responses! I can continue testing.

• Cliff McDaniel

May 22, 2023 at 8:17 pm
    Up
    Down

That’s great news Noreen. Thanks Ruthie for helping @ruthiemoshos

The discussion ‘NAV 2018 Lanham EDI 856 with Status Codes’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!