NAV 09 and 2013 – 1099 Processing

• NAV 09 and 2013 – 1099 Processing

Posted by DSC Communities on January 16, 2017 at 9:55 am
    • Mary M. Anyansi

January 16, 2017 at 9:55 AM

Hello, I am hoping to get some recommendations on how to best process our 1099’s this year. We migrated from NAV 09 to 13 mid-year, so I am unable to process from just 1 environment. Are there any recommendations for a good 3rd party that will be able to handle this unique situation and assist me in printing and e-filing this year? Our Nav 13 platform has been built to handle 2017, but it wasnt configured in time to handle 2016. Any recommendations for a 3rd party that is well versed in Navision products would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, 

——————————
      Mary M. Anyansi
      Corporate AP Manager
      Rentokil N. America
      Reading PA
      ——————————

• Simon Kimani

January 17, 2017 at 8:38 AM

Hello Mary

I am not a aware of a 3rd party that will handle this. However, this is a common scenario when clients convert from other systems to Dynamics NAV. One way of handling this has been to add a custom field on the vendor card for the cumulative 1099 amount that is not available in NAV. The next step is then to modify the 1099 form, 1099 information and 1099 magnetic medial to add this amount in these documents/export. After filing 1099 for 2016 you can then zero out the amount on the vendor card and or restore standard objects.

Regards
      Simon

——————————
      Simon Kimani
      SBC Dynamics ERP
      Tarzana CA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Mary M. Anyansi

January 18, 2017 at 9:25 AM

Thank you Simon, I will review this option with my internal team. 

——————————
      Mary M. Anyansi
      AP Manager
      Rentokil N. America
      Reading PA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Crystal Tollison

January 17, 2017 at 9:41 AM

Mary,
      Here is an option that would alleviate the need for a 3rd Party software. It is a work-around that will leave some ‘junk’ in your system for 2016 but you could clearly identify those entries as needed for printing 1099’s only.

First step would be to create a Invoices for each 1099 vendor for the total of their 2016 1099 amounts.  Use a GL Account on the invoice line.  This leaves a debit balance in this gl account but only temporarily. This account will eventually wash to zero with later entries. Post these invoices to 2016.

Next step will be to post the payment of each invoice. You can post as a ‘manual’ check using the Payment Journal. Payment should be dated in 2016 and applied to the invoices just created.

Last step to creating the 1099 information is to post a journal entry to correct cash (debit cash) using the balancing account to wash with the entry from the invoice. Use the same account that was used on the line of the invoice so this account washes to zero (credit the GL Account).  This leaves a zero effect on your GL but creates the Vendor Ledger Entries needed for the 1099s.

Print your 1099s and send your magnetic media for 2016!

Since you will need to gather the data for a 3rd party app anyway, this does not sound like a whole lot more work plus you end up with the data in your system for historical purposes. Using the Rapid Start functionality can help with the process if your volume is great.

Hope this gives you an alternate option to consider.

——————————
      Crystal Tollison
      Consultant
      ArcherPoint Inc.
      Lawrenceville GA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Mary M. Anyansi

January 18, 2017 at 9:30 AM

Hi Cyrstal, unfortunately, we already have some “junk” due to the migration from Nav 09 to 13 – I am not sure I feel comfortable adding more. Thank you very much for the suggestion, it’s truly appreciated. 

——————————
      Mary M. Anyansi
      AP Manager
      Rentokil N. America
      Reading PA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Chris Hadden, CPP

January 17, 2017 at 1:04 PM

Mary,
      There have been some good workarounds provided to handle this within NAV.
      If you want to handle this outside of NAV, Greenshades can assist with the 1099s. Just get the data formatted into our Excel import template, and then we can handle with the printing and filing of the 1099s.
      Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll ask someone to reach out to you with more info.

Best of luck!

——————————
      Chris Hadden, CPP
      Technical Sales Manager
      Greenshades Software
      Jacksonville FL
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Mary M. Anyansi

January 18, 2017 at 9:29 AM

Hi Chris, I did reach out to GreanShades because we just used them for another company that uses Dynamics GP – and was informed by the consultant that Greenshades does not support Navision. Is there anyone you can direct me to that is familiar with both Nav 09 and Nav 13… and might be able to assist me further? We have configured our current NAV 13 environment to handle this for next year, but since we are going to be using 2 different systems this year, I wanted to get this completed by a 3rd party to assist with any hiccups that might happen. Thanks. 

——————————
      Mary M. Anyansi
      AP Manager
      Rentokil N. America
      Reading PA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• David Machanick

January 18, 2017 at 11:33 AM

Since you upgraded, you should have all your old data. Why can’t you run 1099s for the year from your new system?

——————————
      David Machanick
      Sikich LLP
      Garland TX
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Mary M. Anyansi

January 19, 2017 at 1:14 AM

Only open balances were migrated from Nav 09 to Nav 13. So I have half the year in one system and the other half in another system. 

——————————
      Mary M. Anyansi
      AP Manager
      Rentokil N. America
      Reading PA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Chris Hadden, CPP

January 18, 2017 at 11:50 AM

Hi Mary,
      I can understand where they may have been some confusion, as Greenshades does not have the ability to pull the 1099 data directly from NAV. What we can do is pull the data from an Excel spreadsheet. So this would require you to export your 1099 data out of NAV first.

Feel free to email me and I can put you in touch with Robert Bright, our Business Development Manager. My email is chadden@greenshades.com, and Robert’s email is RBright@greenshades.com.

Thank you.

——————————
      Chris Hadden, CPP
      Technical Sales Manager
      Greenshades Software
      Jacksonville FL
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Mary M. Anyansi

January 19, 2017 at 1:15 AM

Will do, thank you. 

——————————
      Mary M. Anyansi
      AP Manager
      Rentokil N. America
      Reading PA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

DSC Communities replied 7 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘NAV 09 and 2013 – 1099 Processing’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!