Lanham EDI850 mapping challenge (items with qty=0 and wrong UOM)

• Lanham EDI850 mapping challenge (items with qty=0 and wrong UOM)

Posted by Lewis Rosenberg on March 1, 2024 at 4:34 pm

We have a customer that is sending items with a zero quantity on EDI orders (850s) and a unit of measure of EA. This is an invalid Unit of Measure for these items and the customer says they cannot omit the zero qty items from the orders.

My first thought was to use the “Bypass Segment if Blank” logic if the quantity is zero, but that does not work because the element value is “0” and not an empty/blank value.

The only other option I can come up with is to set up an EA to CS conversion, but I’m not feeling very comfortable doing that because it can create other issues.

Is there anything else that I am missing?

Lewis Rosenberg replied 1 month, 3 weeks ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Meenakshi Singh

March 3, 2024 at 9:45 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

Any Lanham experts in the group that can help navigate this? @marylanham

• Mary Lanham

March 4, 2024 at 10:03 am
      Up
      Down

Thanks, Meenakshi! I’ll ask Charlotte to answer that one.

Mary

• Charlotte Kinney

March 4, 2024 at 12:35 pm
    Up
    Down

Good morning Lewis!

I am assuming these are non-SDQ orders. I ran a test and in my mapping I have the Trigger set on my PO1-07. The quantity comes in on the PO1-02. I setup a conditional on the PO1-07 that says if the PO1-02 = 0, then NO Trigger. If PO1-02 <> 0, then map to the Sales Line “Item Cross Ref” with Trigger = TRUE. See screenshot. Test this out and let us know how it works out for you!

• Lewis Rosenberg

March 5, 2024 at 9:16 am
    Up
    Down

Thank you Charlotte.

That worked great when I requeued the file on the server (but not when I tried to reprocess the EDI RECEIVE document).

• Charlotte Kinney

March 5, 2024 at 9:35 am
    Up
    Down

Excellent! Glad that worked out for you. Yes, you would have to re-drop the file (and not “Process Receive Docs”) since a mapping change was made as the original file was based on the mapping prior to this change. I hope that makes sense!

• Lewis Rosenberg

March 5, 2024 at 9:43 am
    Up
    Down

Yes it does. Thanks again!

The discussion ‘Lanham EDI850 mapping challenge (items with qty=0 and wrong UOM)’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!