Lanham EDI XML

Tagged: ,

• Lewis Rosenberg

July 7, 2023 at 10:04 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

Hello Noreen,

I don’t believe that I fully iunderstand what you are trying to do.

If you are sending EDI in XML format, you can set the Interface File Type to XML on your EDI Template on the File Format tab. You can use different EDI Templates for different EDI Documents for the same EDI partner, if necessary.

On the General tab of the card page for your EDI Document, you can assign the EDI Template Code.

• Noreen Fujita-Sacco

July 7, 2023 at 11:57 am
    Up
    Down

Hi, Lewis.

Thanks for your response. Your example is how I set up a test XML yesterday when I was checking out this functionality. I hope below clarifies.

Where I am stuck is setup of the document before I get to mapping. For example, I could use a generic document for the import. However, there is no corresponding document type for a label. The options available are attached. In these options it is not possible to create a new code.

Where the screenshot shows Navision Document, there is also no generic document I could use for the export to request the label. I’d have to repurpose an existing code for the request as well.

Is NAV/Lanham limited to these types of documents or can I pick any and repurpose it for my needs?

• Noreen Fujita-Sacco

July 7, 2023 at 11:58 am
    Up
    Down

The Navision Document List in that new screenshot is the same list I sent yesterday.

• Lewis Rosenberg

July 7, 2023 at 2:26 pm
    Up
    Down

Interesting, I never noticed the Document Type field before. I have that field empty for all documents for all of my EDI trading partners.

What EDI document number (ie. 850, 810, 856,..) are you trying to set up?

• Noreen Fujita-Sacco

July 7, 2023 at 8:07 pm
    Up
    Down

Fascinating the many different ways a thing can be accomplished in NAV.

I have never heard of a numeric document number for a shipping label. To be clear, this is not the GS1-128. In the testing info online the request is SLR and label is SL.

The discussion ‘Lanham EDI XML’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!