JobQueue – NAV2018

• JobQueue – NAV2018

Posted by Meenakshi Singh on October 16, 2018 at 11:16 am
    • Meenakshi Singh

October 16, 2018 at 11:16 AM

Hey experts, 

Hope you all are having a great time at the Summit!!

We recently upgraded from NAV2013 to NAV2018 and it seems like JobQueue runs differently in NAV2018.

I used to be able to set up the job and run it using JobQueue login which worked beautifully, however, with NAV2018, the Job Queue tasks run using my login as I set up the jobs. This certainly causes issues as I don’t always have my posting dates open for the wider range.

The only way I was advised to make it work was to login as JobQueue and set up the jobs with that login but that wouldn’t work as sometimes I do have to run it manually – sometimes if there’s a change or if there was an error etc..

So, I come to you asking if there’s a better way to handle how Job Queue works and, make sure it uses Job Queue login to run the nightly tasks I have setup.

Thank you, 
      Meenakshi

——————————
      Meenakshi Singh
      Manager of Business Applications
      Home Market Foods, Inc.
      Norwood MA
      ——————————

• Geovanny Fuentes

October 17, 2018 at 11:38 AM

I created another Navision job queue:

/Departments/Administration/Application Setup/Job Queue/Job Queues

I then created another Job queue Category
      Next Job queue Entry working with the new Job queue created.

No SERVICE!

When I was ready to run it manually. I went to my Job Queues and Started it [ Start Job Queue]Job queue

This way it doesn’t interfere with normal job queue duties or the existing job queue entry scheduled.

Good luck.

——————————
      Geovanny Fuentes
      San Diego CA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Meenakshi Singh

October 19, 2018 at 6:42 AM

Thanks Geovanny!
      So, you are suggesting I should create 2 job queues – one to run automatically using NAS/Jobqueue login and one to run it manually? What if there’s an error on the automated Jobqueue then I would still have to set it to Ready or restart it, thus, it will take up my login again unless I restart using the job queue login, correct?

Meenakshi

——————————
      Meenakshi Singh
      Home Market Foods, Inc.
      Norwood MA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Chris Montgomery

October 19, 2018 at 3:10 PM

?Meenakshi,

Here’s a simple fix for a developer to complete:

1. Have the developer automatically assign the Job Queue login as the Job Queue User ID when inserting a record into the Job Queue Entry table. This way you don’t have to remember to switch over when creating a new task.

2. Have the developer create a “Run” option under the Job Queue button on the Job Queue Card.  This code would determine if the Object to Run is a Codeunit or Report and then run that codeunit/report (with the Job Queue Entry as a parameter).  Depending upon the tasks, you may need additional code.  This way if you need to run it manually, you don’t need to change the time/date settings, just press Run.

Good Luck!
      Chris

——————————
      Chris Montgomery
      Sr. Developer
      ArcherPoint Inc.
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Meenakshi Singh

October 19, 2018 at 10:13 PM

Thanks, Chris! I do like this option and will certainly make it work better. I will give it a shot. Thanks again for your suggestion!

~Meenakshi

——————————
      Meenakshi Singh
      Home Market Foods, Inc.
      Norwood MA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Geovanny Fuentes

October 23, 2018 at 12:20 PM

?When you create/modify a new job queue entry the USERID is changed and expects to execute it.

When you put the the job queue entry ONHOLD or put in READY mode, it does not change the USERID.

Good luck.

——————————
      Geovanny Fuentes
      San Diego CA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Meenakshi Singh replied 5 years, 6 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘JobQueue – NAV2018’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!