Jet Reports

• Posted by DSC Communities on January 20, 2017 at 11:15 am
    • Bob Bartlett

January 20, 2017 at 11:15 AM

Looking to see if there is a formula that will automatically populate the correct date range in the Open Orders This Month field on the filter below.  This filter needs to take the date the report runs and show the first day of the next month plus the lookback indicator “..”.  For example today is 1/20/2017 so that field should read “..020117”.  I found a formula that will automatically establish the “020117” but can’t figure out how to add the “..” in front of it.  You can see the fomula I’m using in the fx box.

——————————
      Bob Bartlett
      Tifosi Optics, Inc
      Watkinsville GA
      ——————————

• Rob Fontaine

January 20, 2017 at 12:09 PM

Hi Bob,

Try the following:

=NP(“DateFilter”,,[your formula])

Regards,
      Rob

——————————
      Rob Fontaine
      Director, ERP & Financial Analysis
      SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
      Vancouver BC
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Bob Bartlett

January 23, 2017 at 9:59 PM

Thanks guys.  I’m out of the office this week but will give it a try when I return.

Bob Bartlett

Operations Manager

Tifosi-Logo_lores

Tifosi Optics, Inc.

1011 Industrial Blvd.

Watkinsville, GA 30677

866-310-0996

800-229-8122 Fax

Click on link below to view our 2017 Catalog

http://files.tifosioptics.com/Catalog/2017/2017_catalog_LowRes.pdf

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The information contained in this email transmission and any attachment is confidential and remains the property of Tifosi Optics, Inc. until it is received by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that any use, including further transmission or disclosure of this communication, is strictly and expressly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify bob@tifosioptics.com as soon as possible, and delete it from your computer without making and/or retaining any copies. Thank you for your cooperation.

——Original Message——

Hi Bob,

Try the following:

=NP(“DateFilter”,,[your formula])

Regards,
      Rob

——————————
      Rob Fontaine
      Director, ERP & Financial Analysis
      SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
      Vancouver BC
      ——————————

• Ramin Marghi

January 22, 2017 at 3:13 PM

Hi Bob,

What Rob mentioned is the ideal solution, but I thought I’d add to the discussion an alternative as well, since with Jet Reports, there’s almost always a number of ways you can accomplish things — either using Excel functionality or the Jet functions.

Excel Functionality
      The first day of the next month would essentially be:

=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY())+1,1)

And to add the “..” before it, you could very well do:

=”..”&DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY())+1,1)

Now this will show you the Excel/Julian date (see screenshot below), which Jet understands just fine, so that technically does the trick:

If you wanted it to be masked, you could also add the TEXT function to show mm/dd/yyyy:

Bonus:
      If you set up your Accounting Periods as months, you could also do something like this instead:

Finally, as Rob already mentioned, you could append the NP(“Datefilter”) and leave the first parameter blank to get an open-ended start date:

——————————
      Ramin Marghi , CPA, CGA
      NAV Finance Consultant
      Catapult
      VANCOUVER BC
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

DSC Communities replied 7 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Jet Reports’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!