Item / Vendor Catalog

• Item / Vendor Catalog

Posted by Laura Brandon on September 13, 2023 at 2:54 pm

Hello!

I am looking for a way to be able to quickly understand what items in BC have a single supplier and which have multiple suppliers.

I was wondering if you have any experience with vendor/item catalogs. When I run this report it seems to list the Vendor and what parts we purchase from them.

What I am more interested in is a report by part number and the suppliers we purchase it from. I would want to be able to see this in an excel export or PDF report and not run it item by item.

Kim Dallefeld, MVP replied 7 months, 1 week ago 6 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Benjamin Baxter

September 13, 2023 at 3:16 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

I don’t think there is a base report that will get you everything you need. For example, the “Item/Vendor Catalog” Report you mentioned is pulling from the “Vendor Item Catalog” table, without picking up the Default Vendor defined on the Item Card itself. This means Items only purchased from a single Vendor, defined on the Item Card only, would not appear on the report.

You could write an Extension to populate the Vendor Item Catalog table when you add the Default Vendor to the Item, this way the entry exists in both places and would allow the “Item/Vendor Catalog” report to properly display all Vendors.

Now that we have the data updating with what we need, the next change would be to redesign the “Item/Vendor Catalog” report to group by Item and not by Vendor, thus giving you a list of all the Vendors that can be used to requisition the Item.

Sorry, I don’t know a stock report for this, but with some quick extensions you’d be able to make it happen.

Best Regards,

Ben Baxter – Accent Software Inc

• Chris Warren

September 13, 2023 at 7:46 pm
    Up
    Down

This could be accomplished pretty easily in Jet Reports. I’d suggest looking at this add-on as it’s great for creating your own reports from BC data.

If you do have Jet, I’d be happy to create a sample report and send it to you to connect with your environment.

• Jessie Sanger-Picard

September 14, 2023 at 8:34 am
    Up
    Down

if you open any item card, then go to Navigate->Purchases->Vendors.

you can clear the filter for a full list and send that to excel. from there you can manipulate the way you want it.

• Chris Warren

September 14, 2023 at 9:46 pm
      Up
      Down

This is an awesome tip. I just showed this to our Supply Chain Director and she wanted me to thank you!

• Cliff McDaniel

September 17, 2023 at 11:48 am
      Up
      Down

Great tip. We should save some time on one of our chapter meetings to give a summary of tips and tricks learned from the discussion board? Just a thought.

• Kim Dallefeld, MVP

October 2, 2023 at 10:29 am
    Up
    Down

Great idea Jessie, this works in so many places!

The discussion ‘Item / Vendor Catalog’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!