Item Card Images

• Item Card Images

Posted by DSC Communities on December 22, 2016 at 12:44 pm
    • Jeane Meade

December 22, 2016 at 12:44 PM

Hi All,

We are looking to link images with our item cards so we can use them on the Assembly Order report.  Is there a required image format – .jpg, .bmp or .png? 

What are the consequences to our NAV 2015 database size?  The images are stored on our data server right now

I found a link on creating a report to do a mass update, but our image names do not exactly match the product names at this time.  We have spaces in our item names – B1 S, but the image name uses an underscore in place of the space –  B1_S.  Currently all the images are in a high-res .tif format, so I believe we would need to convert them first anyway and can rename at that time.

Thanks for the help.

——————————
      Jeane Meade
      IT/DBM
      Sheldons’, Inc.
      Antigo WI
      ——————————

• Ian Ray

December 22, 2016 at 1:23 PM

Pictures are inserted into the “picture” column of the item table (Item.Picture). I use jpegs and they are stored as BLOB at the same size they were when uploaded. The default behavior is to store them compressed in Table 27 Item – 92 Picture. This can be changed to uncompressed without any sort of solution provider license or anything as it is just changing one variable. Uncompressed would potentially make rendering very slow on the client when the picture is loaded. Compressed is fairly fast, most images I have stored are ~200k.

——————————
      Ian Ray
      Cypress Grove
      http://www.cypressgrovecheese.com
      Arcata CA
      ————————————————————————-

• Jeane Meade

December 27, 2016 at 10:03 AM

Thank you Ian, that is the info I was looking for.

——————————
      Jeane Meade
      IT/DBM
      Sheldons’, Inc.
      Antigo WI

• Franz Kalchmair

December 27, 2016 at 4:57 PM

pictures are saved in a blob field in the database. 

for performance purposes best you convert the images first to jpg format, then import them to the database, set property Compressed to yes.

——————————
      Franz Kalchmair
      Dynamics NAV Engineer and Consultant
      Microsoft MVP
      Vienna

DSC Communities replied 7 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Item Card Images’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!