How to get Edit in Excel pane back after closing

• How to get Edit in Excel pane back after closing

Posted by Tanya Henke on May 7, 2024 at 3:08 pm

Hello,

I am guessing this has a very simple answer that I am just missing, but how do I get the Edit in Excel pane back after closing it? If my users accidently close that Add-In pane, I am trying to figure out how they get it back without having to close the Excel session completely and choosing Edit in Excel again from Business Central.

Thank you!

Meenakshi Singh replied 1 week, 3 days ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Meenakshi Singh

May 8, 2024 at 3:44 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

Hi Tanya,

I was going to suggest closing Excel and reopening but you don’t want to end the sessions and just want the Edit back in the Excel while it’s open and syncing with BC.

@shannonmullins @amandamayer @kimd any insights into it? To get the edit back in Excel once the add-in has been closed.

Thanks,

~Meenakshi

• Benjamin Baxter

May 9, 2024 at 8:22 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

First, add the Developer tab to your Action Ribbon in Excel, and look for the Add-Ins icon. In the Office Add-Ins section, select Admin Managed > Microsoft Dynamics, then at the bottom select Add. This will bring back the Connection Pane and resync the connection.

Best Regards,

Ben Baxter

Accent Software Inc

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!